illustrations that where false

by Grouper 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    1) When I was a kid going to Spanish meetings here in So Cal I often heard speakers talk about Satan being like a roaring lion ready to devour all humanity, then I would here the illustration of how lions hunt by roaring towards the ground this way the roar went everywhere and the prey would be easy pickings. Problem with this is once I studied in the fourth grade how lions hunt, found out lionesses are the ones that hunt and rely solely on stealth, ambush, the element of surprise to bring down their prey. I still haven't found any info to support the various speakers? account.

Grouper,

Thanks for linking to this post. Yes, I heard this MANY times, and I did not go to Spanish meetings in SoCal. I grew up in Upstate New York. About as far away from SoCal as you can get and still be in the US.

However, I have a distinct memory of commenting during a WT study about this very thing. This would have been in the early 80's, you must be a Gen-Xer?

I'm in Fresno now.

Lisa

• Highlander
    Highlander

I think the speaker that gave the illustration only uses 10 percent of his brain and that same brain devised the lion theory.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL! Perfect!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit