District Assembly Experience on Volunteering

by AlanF 10 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

I seem to recall that on this summer's District Assemblies there is an experience given about a woman who was involved in various voluntary community services, but quit them and became a pioneer. Does anyone remember this? If so, can anyone provide more solid documentation?

AlanF

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good grief!! How old are you in that photo? About 12?

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yes Alan: I don't know about the DC question you ask, but I have noticed you are looking youger these days. Must be that good healthy 'apostate' diet ... maybe you can live forever on earth in paradise ... - Amazing

• Mulan
    Mulan

I must admit, Alan IS very young looking, as well as quite brilliant, and I for one, was shocked when I learned how old he is. I thought he was no more than 35.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

This was a "canned" experience used universally, as are all such, and will be picked up by anyone who has or is yet to attend. Same story, identically re-enacted or told, to seem more interesting than mere reading. Might be interesting to tape record --

-- and compare with the recent Awake! magazine commending volunteerism! Bet the lady is shocked when she reads this one! Ah, but the Society can trot out that article when approaching certain governments.

Waiting to read your expose on the hypocrisy of it all.

Jerry

• VM44
    VM44

How old is AlanF, btw?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hi Marilyn,

That picture is from 1985, of me holding my newborn daughter in the hospital. I was about 34.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the info. Now, if I could get hold of a recording . . .

AlanF

• wasasister
    wasasister

I will be attending the Dc, but only for one day. Do you happen to know which day the experience is related?

• Mulan
    Mulan

You look SOOO young.

For interested ones, I met Alan in May 2001. He was 49.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Farkel
    Farkel

: How old is AlanF, btw?

How old is dirt? Pretty dang old. Alan is older than dirt.

And I'm older than him. Dirt came along after I was born.

I could have used some dirt when I was a kid, but it wasn't around yet. Therefore, Alan and I had crappy childhoods: we never got to eat the stuff and we never had the pleasure of getting muddy.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit