What TV/movie characters could you see as JWs?

by MungoBaobab 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Religion is rarely covered in poular entertainment, so who knows? There could be a plethora of JW characters in popular televison and movies, and we don't even know it!

For example, what about Bill Lumberg (the boss) from the movie "Office Space?" From the way he talks down to people in such a nice way, he's got elder written all over him.

alt

"Yeah hi, Brother Gibbons. Haven't seen you out in service for awhile."

"Yeah, I know. I guess I just-"

"You know, we are living in the time of the End, and all those who don't have a full share in the ministry will be cut off. We wouldn't want that to happen now, would we! So if you could just go ahead and come out Saturday, that would be great, mmmkay? In fact, gonna have to ask you to come out Sunday, too, mmmkay? Gotta keep the congregation's numbers up. Thanks!"

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Oh my gawd, MungoBaobab, that was too damn funny!

Flanders on the Simpsons is definitely a dubbie. And I think Hyacinth Bucket on Keeping up Appearances might be based on the P.O.'s wife in my last cong.

• shamus
    shamus

Jesus, when I saw this thread I was thinking of Milton from Office Space. The first person that came up in my mind.

Now that's one hell of a funny show!!

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Butters, from South Park, shows some signs of possible JWness.

No Apologies

• Gill
    Gill

From my experience I"d say THE TERMINATOR

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'd have to say the normal neighbors of the Addams family. They'd make perfect dubs.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

the guy played by Trey Parker in Orgasmo...made a pretty bad Mormon, but maybe he'd be a good JW!

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

Napolean Dynamite. Could you imagine him showing up at your door?

"Hello. I am, like, in the neighborhood talking about God and stuff. Do you want a magazine?"
    "No."
    "Fine. You are, like, the dumbest pagan ever."

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Paige Davis from Trading Spaces. She's obnoxious. She's a dim-wit. She won't shut up!!

CC

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

LOL@snowcrash!

He'd make a PERFECT dub!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit