Will Money Cause the Watchtower to Dump Statistics?

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I agree that, if they did away with field service reports, it could change the nature of the elder arrangement.

They would be pushed towards appointing men as the Bible says, on the basis of manifest spiritual qualities, rather

than largely a number of hours spent peddling magazines.

While I don't believe their statistics, it might be too internally corrosive for them to flat out 'invent' such numbers.

They'd have to 'run two sets of books' , to manage the organization! ( "Here's the real numbers, brother")

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Seriously, I never understood why you wouldn't assume that the numbers are more than questionable. The thing about numbers is the "proof" that you must "do more".

• Poztate
    Poztate
    They'd have to 'run two sets of books' , to manage the organization! ( "Here's the real numbers, brother")

I think there is already two sets of books.There are the ones they present at the service meeting and then there is the ones they present in secret at the DO and Co meetings.The rank and file never know the real TRUTH?

• Biblesmacked
    Biblesmacked

Away from JW''s for 6yrs, didn't know money was not pouring into the org. I moved three times in a short period of time (2yrs) and the elders never did find my card, you know the one they keep track of your hours in service. They are suppose to send it to the new congregation that you move to, when asked to do so by that congregation. So I know their stats are very inaccurate!!!! I never paid any attention to stats....membership for me was purely family and God related. I felt a need for spirituality and family support. But after 16 years of intense involvement and an entire childhood of going to the meetings.... I was terribly disillusioned. I quit looking through those rose colored glasses and it was a huge let down!!! I was in a congregation that constantly kept pushing me toward marriage, but there were no suitable marriage mates. One older couple (50-60?) tried to set me up with their son who had committed child molestation, served time in prison, was reinstated into the congregation and who had a mental illness! Gross!!!! Thanks for the indepth info on this situation! Biblesmacked in Calif.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Welcome Biblesmacked!

===================
    One older couple (50-60?) tried to set me up with their son who had committed child molestation, served time in prison, was reinstated into the congregation and who had a mental illness! Gross!!!!
    ===================

I can't decide if that experience is incredibly sad, or incredibly funny. But I've got a sick, Monty Pythonesque sense of humour, so please don't be offended.

~Quotes, of the "Always look on the bright side of life" class.
    http://quotes.watchtower.ca

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit