Quick question, driving me nuts

by dorothy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• dorothy
    dorothy

Which scripture mentions something about anyone not against us being for us? Can't find it, I'm going crazy... and feel a little dumb starting a new thread because I'm too lazy to keep looking. Thanks.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

(Mark 9:38-42) 38 John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." 39 But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; 40 for he that is not against us is for us. 41 For whoever gives YOU a cup of water to drink on the ground that YOU belong to Christ, I truly tell YOU, he will by no means lose his reward. 42 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones that believe, it would be finer for him if a millstone such as is turned by an ass were put around his neck and he were actually pitched into the sea.

• dorothy
    dorothy

Thanks, hugs.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    An Irishman walks into a bar. The bartender asks him, "Did you know there is a steering wheel sticking out of your fly?" The Irishman replies, "Aye, and it's drivin' me nuts!" - Joshua 27:11

Is this the quote you were looking for?

• dorothy
    dorothy

Yes, RunningMan, that's exactly what I was looking for. I have no idea what Elsewhere was talking about.

• googlemagoogle
  • dorothy
    dorothy

Hilarious! I love it!

• figureitout
    figureitout

It is funny how you can read scriptures in a whole different way now. After reading that verse in Mark how is it that any JW or any religion think they will be the only ones saved. Honestly that was the hardest pill to swallow. You are telling me that a lady with all her heart and soul goes to Church every Sunday because she loves God and Jesus but will die becuase she is not a Witness. I personally feel that gods love is a lot deeper then that.

• dorothy
    dorothy

Agreed! Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO! Good one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit