Re: When God Rested

by ladonna 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

Thankyou all for responding to this post but I still feel like we are going around in complicated circles by claiming 'fresh' interpretation of the word rest.

When I rest.....it is not only my physical being, but my psychological being as well, which would include the spiritual being if one is so inclined.

If we were made in God's image, when at rest the brain waves change completely. I cannot really see even when looking at different languages that the word "rest" means anything other than that.

I do not wish to get too technical here regarding brain wave patterns.....I believe that others here will understand what I am saying.....but if we are made in God's image....our rest would be the same as his.

Thanks to all,
    Ana

• willy_think
    willy_think
    I do not wish to get too technical here regarding brain wave patterns.....I believe that others here will understand what I am saying.....but if we are made in God's image....our rest would be the same as his.

we are not coppys of god

ya, if god was a man but he is not. your lost in the "image" and "rest", "sleeping?????"

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • ladonna
    ladonna

Hi Willy Think,

No...I am not confusing rest with sleep.
    A good example of this is self-hypnosis.....this is absolute rest....but not "sleeping"

Ana
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If every man is my brother, then what am I to him? A.Einstein.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Ladonna... may you have peace!

Just a note: we were/are not made in God's image... yet. ADAM was made in God's image. When my Father said: "Let us make man in our image," He was not speaking of mankind. He meant 'ad-ham', an 'earthling' man whose had a physical body formed from the dust.

It is from Adam that all others of 'earthling' man came. Thus, we are made in ADAM's image, and not God's... yet... as it is stated:

"And just as we have born the image of the one MADE OF DUST...
    we SHALL bear also the image of the heavenly one."

This was stated by the writer of 1 Corinthians, at Chapter 15, verse 49, after such one described for us that we exist first in the physical body, that which is 'terrestrial', but when 'raised up' or 'changed', will put on the image of... and exist in... the SPIRITUAL body, that which is 'celestial'.

Thus, with regard to us... the FIRST man that we are is 'out of the earth and made of dust'. But the SECOND man... is out of heaven. Unless one has been 'born again', then, IN THE SPIRIT... one is still existing as the 'first' man. The second, while perhaps 'conceived', that is, regenerated by God's holy spirit through Christ, has not yet been 'born'.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• seven006
    seven006

ladonna,

The whole concept about the biblical creation has always brought up questions for me. It starts out using the phrase "In the beginning". I'm wondering the beginning if what? A beginning has to be established at a point. It has to have something before it and after it. I would like to know what was before "the beginning".

It goes on to state that god created the heavens and the earth. If god had to "create" the heavens and he now resides in the heavens then where did he reside before he created the heavens and where exactly are the heavens? The "s" on the end of the word heaven means what? Are there more then one heaven? If so where are they and why were they created?

Just a few thoughts I have in regards to this like of thinking.

Dave

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Dave... may you have peace!

My Lord has granted me leave to respons, if you will permit me. Thank you.

The whole concept about the biblical creation has always brought up questions for me. It starts out using the phrase "In the beginning". I'm wondering the beginning if what? A beginning has to be established at a point. It has to have something before it and after it. I would like to know what was before "the beginning".

Praise JAH that my Lord recently revealed to one of my brothers in Christ, and he then shared with me, that the ACTUALLY words intended by the Hebrew phrase, 'in the beginning', is, in TRUTH, correctly rendered:

"In the Ark... God created heaven and earth."

We have since been granted by my Lord just what that statement means:

The "Ark"... is the TRUE Ark of the Covenant, the 'womb' of 'Sarah', JERUSALEM ABOVE, the 'wife' of my Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES, and the 'mother' of my Lord, my brothers, and I.

You can find substantiation for this at Galatians 4:24-26.

I have seen such 'ark', both FULL of 'seed', and when such 'seed' was 'poured out' of that ark, into the physical realm, and 'hidden' (from its enemies in the spirit places)... in 'earthen vessels'... flesh with its blood.

It goes on to state that god created the heavens and the earth. If god had to "create" the heavens and he now resides in the heavens then where did he reside before he created the heavens and where exactly are the heavens? The "s" on the end of the word heaven means what? Are there more then one heaven? If so where are they and why were they created?

Indeed, there are multiple 'heavens', just as there are multiple principalities... governments... in such 'heavens'. That is why my Lord referred to 'the PRINCE of Persia', who stood 'in opposition' to him, and 'Michael... one of the FOREMOST princes' coming to his assistance.

My Father... existed in the MOST HOLY of HOLIES... a 'heaven'... and in fact THE 'heaven', as it is the center point of all that is existence, physical AND spiritual... and 'created' everything from that point out.

The only thing I know of at this time that my Father DIDN'T create... was the 'Darkness'... HIS enemy (Satan is an 'agent' of that Darkness, and thus, OUR enemy)... and the 'water'... holy spirit. The latter simply exudes FROM Him... for He is the source of it, it is what HE consists of.

Just a few thoughts I have in regards to this like of thinking

EVERYONE has 'thoughts' of this sort, Dave. Just not everyone is willing to admit it, and ask.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• willy_think
    willy_think

i don't know what the WT said about "the beginning" but i asked my mother about the catholics and thay say that, "the beginning" in which creation exists is the lord god Jesus for he is the "alpha and the omega" he is the "word of god" he is "logos" he is the "way" he is "i am". in short the beginning is not when, but who.

A beginning has to be established at a point. It has to have something before it

true, befor creation ther was something. in that point with creation time space matter came to be. befor time space matter there was
    "the beginning and the end"

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • seven006
    seven006

AGuset,

You are so polite and I appreciate your taking the time to make an attempt at answering my questions. I can't even give you a sarcastic response because you are so damn nice.
    Iv have experience asking questions to various kinds of Christians and a lot of times get similar answers such as yours and that's a good reason I still have the same questions.

It must be quite an advantage being able to change the interpretations of what the bible says and what it really means when ever you want. I guess that's why there are so many religions and so many wars in the world. Everyone seems to have an opinion as opposed to having an answer. That little thing about asking god the question and him responding right back is a nice touch. You remind me a lot of Moses.

Thanks anyway and have a nice day.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

willy_think,

Have you ever heard the story about the three blind men trying to describe what an elephant looks like?

Thanks for your input. I think I am going to stay out of threads like this. It makes my head spin.

Peace, love and all that hippy talk.

Dave

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Dave... my peace remains!

Iv have experience asking questions to various kinds of Christians and a lot of times get similar answers such as yours and that's a good reason I still have the same questions.

There is a good reason why such answers may sound/be 'similar'. If you will bear with me, I will explain below.

It must be quite an advantage being able to change the interpretations of what the bible says and what it really means when ever you want.

Perhaps. I wouldn't know for I have no such 'gift', that of being able to 'change' interpretations of what the Bible says... and really means... whenever I want. Since interpretation belongs to God, I have to go with what He gives me, by means of my Lord, through holy spirit. For in truth, I don't know this stuff. Not at all.

I guess that's why there are so many religions and so many wars in the world.

In answer to your statement above, and this one, I will tell you how my Lord explained it to me:

In truth, there is ONE true Light in the universe, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH (John 1:14; 8:12). My Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES, created that Light as among the first of His Creations. In truth, what that Light is... is a reflection of my Father's glory. (Hebrews 1:3).

As 'sons of light', who reflect the light of the SON, there are those of us in the earth who are trying to return 'home', to place from which we originated and were 'generated', the City of God, Jerusalem. Why? Because the true Light is 'planted' in that City. He is the 'true vine'... the 'Tree of Life'... and we know that in order to live forever, we must eat from the 'leaves' of that Tree. Adam and Eve ate from it/him... but were 'cut off', which resulted in our cutting off as well. He came, though, to show us the Way, which 'way' he himself is.

There is another, however, who wishes to deceive us away from that Tree, just as hedid with Adam and Eve. In order to DO this, that one 'keeps transforming himself into an ANGEL of light', and trying to draw us away. One way that he DOES this... is by creating and setting up FALSE 'lights'... religion. As 'sons of light', we are, like moths, drawn to light. However, HIS 'light' is dark... and death-dealing.

Did you perhaps see the movie, "A Bug's Life"? In one scene, two flying bugs are travelling and come to a patio on which is hanging a 'buglight'. As one is hypnotized and drawn closer by the lure of the light, the other cries out, "Louie, Louie, DON'T look at the light!" But Louie, being drawn ever closer, says, "I can't HELP it; it's so BEAUTIFUL!" And he drawn toward the light until he fact makes contact with it and... ZAPP!

That, dear Dave, is the lure of 'religion'. They are 'false lights' set up by Satan to lure those looking for 'truth'. Because 'truth'... and 'light'... are the same... my Lord, the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. (John 8:12; 14:6)

I have since learned from my Lord the truth about the 'lure' of religion and religious beliefs... and have chosen not to follow them, but to follow, instead, the Lamb... wherever HE goes. I hear his voice, and let that lead me. (John 10:1-8, 27)

Everyone seems to have an opinion as opposed to having an answer.

Not quite. I gave you an answer... and substantiation. If you, however, cannot exercise faith in that, such lack of faith on your part does not render the answer untrue.

That little thing about asking god the question and him responding right back is a nice touch.

Who, then, should I have directed you to ask? Me? Others from among 'earthling' man? Did you not hear and have you not read: 'Do NOT put your trust in earthling man... to whom NO salvation belongs?" What, you think that was a joke?

You remind me a lot of Moses.

May I ask in what way? Moses was a 'greater' one in the House of my Father. I, sir, am a 'lesser' one in that House.

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• seven006
    seven006

Aguest,

Your quite a trip. I will save you a little time and let you know that I do indeed think that the bibles a joke. What you have to recite, quote, or render an interpretation on is definitely falling on deaf ears when it comes to me. I am somewhat of a spiritual person but not in a way I think you will ever be able to understand. Quoting bible stories and the sentences they came from does noting to sway or influence my thinking. You might as well be trying to sell me Amway. I do appreciate your nice manner of trying to get your point across but now that I know where you are coming from I don't think we will ever have much to talk about. I like having conversations with people that can think on their own with original thought mixed in with sound logic and reasoning. In my personal opinion, nothing from the bible can do that and trying to convince me of that is a total waste of your time.

Thanks again for giving it the good old college try. I'm glad you have something that makes you happy and gives you a secure feeling. That's what the whole game is all about.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit