Differences Between Witnesses and Christianity

by gespro 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bygrace
    Bygrace

The pronounciation of names is the least of Witnesses problems with Bible interpretation. By the way, there is a discussion of the differences between English pronounciation and the name of the Son of God by the same author on the same site. Maybe we should check before making unfounded accusations!

Maybe you would like to take on a more important topic?

Jesus Christ: The First of God's Creations?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I heard it said that just as the Mormons bear similarities to the Charismatic church, the JW's are akin to the Reformed Presbyterian church gone wrong.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Bygrace

This topic has been discussed a number of times on this forum. You'll find one recent debate on Colossians 1 at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/79647/7.ashx

My view, as already expressed, is that asking a 4th-century question (is the Son created or uncreated?) to 1st- or 2nd-century texts is anachronistic and meaningless. Btw, I don't think Isaiah 9:6 (which isn't even quoted in the NT) has any bearing on the subject.

• gumby
    gumby

Here's the difference.......

1.Christianity says you must accept Christ as Lord and savioir or he'll kill ya

2. WTBTS says if you are not part of the Organisation, Christ dad will kill ya.

Only a slight difference.....the end result is the same.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:Nooooooooooo!

Christianity says that you'll live forever in heaven or hell, whereas JW's say that you'll live forever in the belly of some bird or WTS hell !!!
    Lets tell the tale properly, if we're going to at all!

• gumby
    gumby
    1.Christianity says you must accept Christ as Lord and savioir or he'll kill ya

Whadya mean noooooo? I was correct wasn't I? Ye ol' ba*ta*d you!

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Erm, no. Yer gonna die anyhow.
    He just deals with the remains

"Crucifixion? First on the left, one cross each!"

• gumby
    gumby
    Yer gonna die anyhow.

*begins thinking LT's a hatchet murderer*

Gumbafraiddycat

Share this