Happy Thanksgiving!!!

by Valis 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Well friends it is almost time for turkey again. I had the pleasure of meeting w/our friends xenawarrior, lauralisa, ThunderRider and SheilaM., for an early Thanksgiving. It would be nice if we could all sit down and have some food together, but until we get one of those Star Trek transporter thingies it just aint happenin. Speaking of not happenin, the kiddies aren't coming so it will just be the usual gang here for turkey day. I just thought I would take a moment and add that if there are some without a place to have friends, football and food then come on over. We always enjoy having people in who might normally be by themselves for the holiday. Otherwise I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

That is so nice of you Valis! I love thanksgiving, we are having Thanksgiving with our best friends and then Friday I always cook for our JW family because as you all know thanksgiving on friday is 'A' ok.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks Valis - I'd love to be there with you all! Have a great time!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I'm with y'all in spirit!

This year TG is really special. Kev's mom has developed alzheimers. She's still lucid, but has had some really dangerous moments.

So this year the whole fam-damily Parents, 2 sisters and their husbands and 2 kids each (freshman HS thru freshman college) and Kev and I are going to Depoe Bay, renting a very large house on the rocks overlooking the ocean for Wed night through Sat night.

Kev and I are doing Wed night dinner - homemade lasaga. Turkeyday dinner is "pot luck" and I've got bread and yams. Friday dinner is going to be a seafood feast. Sat a couple of people have to leave so we'll play that by ear.

His family is amazingly healthy and gets along well. A real treat in todays world. We all have a good time together. CD's DVD's Games a community puzzle. Food, drink, what could be better?

I'm looking more forward to this than my usual excitement over Family Christmas!

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good bird.

Brenda

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are having 15 this year. Last year, it was about 25, a little too many for my nervous system.

I can't include everyone I would like to have, because we have a huge family. I'm working on it though.................someday I hope to have a table that expands to a really big one, so I can seat more than 6. My grandmother had a large, round dining table, but my grandfather built it to take about 5 leaves. When we went there for dinner, they could seat 20 easily. That was neat.

• wednesday
    wednesday

This will be a sad TG for us. One of my children is divorcing and everyone is fighting. I have tried to stay out of it, but they are determined to get me involved. And I'm very upset about it b/c there are children ivolved and they are suffering. (have u noticed that when u try and stop a fight often they turn on u? ) So I hope there is one of those Treck-a -thons, or a Seinfeld-a-thon for Twilight-a -thon. I will need something to keep my mind off this.

• Valis
    Valis

wednesday, sorry to hear of your TG maladies. Have some turkey and take a long nap.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• hubert
    hubert

Wednesday,...When the fighting starts, just bite your lip. Don't say anything. this way, you can't get involved. That's what I do. (Well, try to do, anyways). Hope it works out okay for you, and your family.

Well, looks like a few good times are in the works. I'd love to be at all of them, with my family.

We (wife and I ) do Thanksgiving every year, at our house. My sisters come, and some of my wife's relatives and friends. We are usually about ten or twelve people. We do the Turkey and stuffing, and everyone brings a dish. It's all set up. That way we don't get any doubles. It's usually a good time, although we've had a few family squabbles in past years, but we're working on that. For the most part, it's a great day to get together with family, and just eat, and enjoy watching the kids play, and taking a walk later, weather permiting.

So anyway, we want to wish all of you a VERY Happy Thanksgiving from all of us, to all of you.

Hubert and family.

• flower
    flower

Awww too bad your all the way out there in Cowboy country. :(

• Valis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit