The middle of the night and wide awake!

by Maverick 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

I wake up between 2:30 and 3 A.M. most every night, if I'm alone I read or get on line or watch the tube until about 4 A.M., then crash out until 6:30 to start my day. Four nights ago I was sound asleep, woke up with a flash of a story idea, got up and wrote a rough draft. This kind of thing happens to me all the time. Or I'm have a problem that has been on my mind and I'll wake up with the solution, jump out of bed, write it out, go back and sleep like a baby. Anyone else have this kind of stuff happen?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hey Mav.

I've recently been diagnosed with sleep apnea, so waking in my sleep is quite common, however because I'm so exhausted from the disorder, I fall back to sleep immediately.

But waking up and writing a book? That's odd! I think you'd be GB material if you kept it up! I'm sure that's how they write half the stuff they do!

Kwin

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

When I was working on a writing project a few years ago I did the same thing.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I've had that happen, tho in very limited amounts...........it's a great gift to have.......I've heard of others being able to do similar things and have learned to use it in positive ways.

Terri

• Mulan
    Mulan

I went through a long spell of doing that..................it must have lasted over a year. It was so frustrating because I really needed to sleep. It turned out to be a hormonal disturbance, in my case.......................otherwise called menopause.

At least you can find something productive to do. One time I ironed for about three hours. I was just wide awake, and there was no point in staying in bed.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have a similar problem of waking up in the middle of the night and then having trouble getting back to sleep.

My Dr. prescribed something very simple: Benadryl. You know, the allergy medicine you can get from the store. Anyone who has taken it knows that is makes you drowsy and my Dr suggested I use that effect to my advantage.

It works great for me and I will always sleep through the night when I take it before going to bed.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I wake up between 3:00 and 3:30 every night. If I'm lucky, I'm able to get back to sleep somewhere around 4:30 or 5:00 but often I'm up for the rest of the night.

I don't know what causes it. I've slept through the entire night maybe 3 or 4 times this year.

• vitty
    vitty

I used to cry with exhaustion and frustration, I wake up everynight, I used to be awake for hours now its only maybe an hour, and I rarely get up now. I just lie in bed and (try to think of nice things)

I get my best ideas when im asleep, only things like DIY ideas but when I remember them they are good.and I do use them, also I resolve a lot of problems when im half asleep or asleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit