I'm so psyched for the holidays!!!

by Dawn 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

We're doing Thanksgiving at our house this year, and I can't wait.

When I was DF'd I lost everyone I ever had a relationship with - all but 2 people, my little boy, and my worldly boyfriend. As we all know - it is so devastating and lonely. My whole family - gone in one formal announcement. How in the h_ll can someone just pick up and rebuild an entire life of relationships?!!

Jump ahead a few years later (I said a few d@mnit! - ok, 14) I'm shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner this year and I realized - WOW - my whole past has been replaced. This is just so cool. My boyfriend all those years ago became my husband. We raised my little boy into a wonderful man, and added another daughter to the family. And this Thanksgiving I'll have a houseful of family including my in-laws (great people!), my daughter, my son, his girlfriend, uncles, grandparents, etc.

To all of you just getting out, or contemplating - it did NOT take me 14 years to rebuild my life. That's not what I mean by this post - It's just that every once in a while I notice something fantastic about my life now and it takes my breath away - it makes me realize that the "end" is never really the "end" - life goes on - and you never know what great things are out there in your future.

One Thursday night in 1990 I thought my whole world had came to an end. I'm glad I didn't give up that night. I'm glad I didn't go back. Hang in there - trust yourself - stand for freedom. Don't give up!

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Good for you, Dawn! You're a great example of the change that can take place if you hang in there.Like you said, freedom is worth the fight and now you'll be surrounded by many loved ones at your table this Thanksgiving. May you have a most wonderful day!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thanks Dawn. Your post really meant a lot to me.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Kwin

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

Your post is so encouraging! I'm happy for you and also that you are here to give hope to those just getting out. There is a light at the end of the tunnel--Thank you!

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Dawn that is so wonderful and I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{{{Dawn}}}}} You're an awesome example of moving on in life, instead of moving backwards.

It takes time (dammit!) but it is worth every minute, even the bad ones.

Family who disowns us (with so called "love") is ultimately replaced by new "family" and true, trustworthy friendships, which we never fully experienced in JW-land.

Keep on keepin' on.

Peace and hugs

Bren

• bebu
    bebu

Your post brings a big smile to my face! What a wonderful celebration Thanksgiving will be for you. (I'm sure you are always thankful for 14 years of being free from a life controlled by the WT.)

Cheers! Enjoy the blessings!

bebu

• Dawn
    Dawn

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm glad I could be encouraging. It was so hard at times to look towards the future - especially when I was in the midst of such despair and lonliness. In the past I have found the courage to keep moving on after reading a post here from someone else who has rebuilt their life - hearing those types of stories helped me realize that I too could do it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit