Who has the slowest computer here?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

Does this count?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sorry, but being a computer geek I keep a system that is pretty good. Granted, it is not cutting edge, but it is nice.

2.8 Ghz Hyperthreaded Pent. 4 with 512 MB 0f 800 Mhz DDR RAM.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I have a VIC-20 in the garage:

5 KB of RAM
    1MHz processor
    22x23 character screen
    300 baud cassette drive

• gumby
    gumby

Mine is so slow I have to post 3 days in advance to keep up with current posts. And you guys wonder why I never make any sense.

Gumby

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I just got rid of my 3 slowest computers, a 486, a pentium 200 notebook, and a pentium 233. I should have kept the 486. It was a great answering machine.

Now I'm using a Pentium 866 with 512 MB RAM, a dual Pentium 733 with 512 MB RAM, a 1.7 Ghz with 512 MB RAM, a 1.6 Ghz notebook with 512 MB RAM, and a Poweredge server with dual 2.8 Ghz and 1 GB RAM. It's networked with a Cisco 2950 switch, 1711 router, PIX 506E firewall, and a 3COM Wireless access point so I can surf from bed or backyard with my laptop.

I need a life.

Walter

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

actually, ive got a 486 dx/33 sitting here that i was about to wipe out, and burn, but i decided to post...

its a 486 dx/33 with 16 mb ram and a 300 mb had drive.

windows 95 fits nicely on it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumvert

3 days in advance? You were lucky.

• gumby
    gumby

So....big deal Walter.

I have a turbo 985 with a mega jet drive with a y2k sensor, with a built in deprogrammer, with a 442 lifter, that puts out a 396 camakazzi ramset with 2 overloaders and 3 drivehards, with a built -in memory.

*just made up some shit that had no meaning cuz he's illiterate*

Gumby

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I have a turbo 985 with a mega jet drive with a y2k sensor, with a built in deprogrammer, with a 442 lifter, that puts out a 396 camakazzi ramset with 2 overloaders and 3 drivehards, with a built -in memory.

Ha! Mine has 3 overloaders!

• Simon
    Simon

I wish I'd kept my old TRS-80 ... 2mhz (or was it khz? LOL) ZILOG Z80 processor and 4k RAM.

"Feel the power"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit