Curious

by Shenneen 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Shenneen
    Shenneen

I just clicked in to see what was interesting. I have also read all the discussions and comments that have been made. I also have the feeling that there is alot of hate and disapointment in all your lives. Why?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Some people here are very angry because the Watchtower Society has caused them much pain. Their hatred is justified, IMO.

Are you an active or inactive JW? (Or never been one?)

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

First and foremost... welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, the majority of us have lived most of our lives in a very controlling cult. We are angry and very disapointed simply because we have mispent so many years of our lives and have been told how to live our lives to the very of minutest (is that even a word?) of details.

All our hard work, faith, love, and for some here... even family has been lost. Some of our family members wont even talk to us anymore because we are no longer Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing.

We have every right to be angry and disilusioned. We thought we were doing a good thing by dedicating our lives to god... sacrificing everything else, just to serve god. We have been lied to, cheated, abused mentaly and physicaly, and the transgresions of the rank and file are covered up.

And that is just some of it.

I will let others here tell more as they are more elequent than I.

Kansas District Overbeer

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Wouldn't you have picked that up from reading all the discussions and all the comments?

What specifically are you wondering about?

Kwin

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

There are some who are bitter for the lies and deception and how it has negatively affected their lives from their years as JWs. One is going through a very difficult time right now as his ex recently tried to kill his children and one is in critical condition. There is alot of pain on this board as one might expect from people whose lives where touched by a cult. There is also alot of kindness and compassion here as people emotionally help eachother through the struggles of life. Struggles that occur naturally and struggles that occur by having to deal with broken families caused by a cult and shunning practices.

Many here have dealt with their pain and anger. Many are still dealing with this. There are some very nice people on this board and even though things get heated from time to time, the level of overall respect is impressive. I believe that is because the people here have had the strenght of character to come here and discuss these issues. This strength of character shows up in every thread and every day.

• seven006
    seven006

Shenneen,

Since you said you have read all the discussions and comments that have been posted on this board for the past 4+ years and you still ask the question you have asked, I'm curious why you have asked the question you have asked. Either you have greatly exaggerated or possibly lied in your statement or you have an incredible inability to grasp the obvious.

Most statements and or comments similar to yours are done by those on a fishing expedition to draw some into either a preprogrammed sermon about their strong belief in the Jesus myth or how we are all so evil because we no longer bow down to the whims and desires of a religions publishing company. Just for kicks, which one is it?

Dave

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Shen, Read CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE, then give us your thoughts again.

• gumby
    gumby
    I also have the feeling that there is alot of hate and disapointment in all your lives. Why?

Welcome Sheneen,

There is also alot of hate and disappointment within the Organisation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Witnesses hate the world, they hate those who leave their organisation, and they hate badness in general. They hate those who do not respond to their message. True, they don't "hate" in the sense of wanting to spit on these things, but they "dislike" these things. Ex-witnesses on the other hand, "hate" how the Organisation operates, believes, and acts toward those who leave them.

If the Organisation didn't judge those who leave them, didn't force their beliefs on it's adherants with consequences on those who differ with them, then it wouldn't leave these ones you speak of with bitterness inside.

Gumby

Gumby

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Welcome Sheneen. Stick around. Read. Read Crisis of Conscious. Learn about toxic faith and toxic religion, then you may have your answers.

I believe much of the anger and dissappointment that you have chosen to target is the result of being lied to and controlled during a person's time with the JW organization. I know much of my anger was.

This anger and hurt is furthered when one leaves the organization (many here call it the bOrg), and they are shunned by family and long-time friends. There appears to be no such thing in the org as unconditional love.

When there is a loss as great as when one leaves the JW's, either on their own, or by disfellowshipping, there is a loss of faith, community, family, and friends, there is a grieving process that must be gone through if a person is to get on with their life. You are seeing bits and pieces of the grieving process on this board in the form of anger and depression.

Peace

Brenda

• Undecided
    Undecided
    there is alot of hate and disapointment in all your lives. Why?

I don't hate anyone but am very disappointed that what I had spent my youth doing was a waste of time and energy. I'm also disappointed in God, that He would make a world so filled with evil and heartbreak and disappear and leave us without any recourse. We have a book called the Bible which many beleive is his instructions, but who can really explain it's message? There are thousands of different explainations without anyone able to prove their faith as being "truth". We are left in a world without anything for sure except that we will die.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit