Would you spit at his mother?

by Amazing1914 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

However, to stand outside a court house to cheer at the verdict seems rather inane and ludricris. But, then to spit on the guy's mother seems cruel and heartless. She has a triple burden to bear. She lost her daughter-in-law, whom she loved. She will lose her son to prison or execution. And she will, in a way, be shamed because of his guilt. I see no point in spitting on her. - Jim W.

It's the (Jerry) Springerization of America (and unfortunately other western countries).

• Mary
    Mary
    As Scott Peterson's mother exited the courthouse, where she heard the jury pronounce her son guilty of murder, the crowd moved in on her, jeered and booed her, and some spit at her.

This is just low and shows how barbaric humans can be. Jackie Peterson did not ask for this and doesn't deserve it. Unfortunately, I think both she and Lee Peterson (and the ever-mouthy sister-in-law Janey Peterson), probably hurt Scott's case more than help it. While it's understandable that they would stand by their son, it appears they both lied under oath when trying to explain away why Scott had $15,000 in cash, his brother's ID and survival equipment when he was arrested. That doesn't look good. Their interview with Barbara Walters also didn't help, because they both tried to make out that his pathological lies to everyone from the police to his mother, his deceitfulness and adulterous affair were all just trival things and shouldn't even be taken seriously. Still, both Lee and Jackie Peterson have also suffered much in this horrible ordeal and they certainly don't deserve to be spat upon. They've lost a daughter in law which they (apparently) loved, their grandchild and now their son. Scott's selfishiness didn't just ruin his life; he's ruined the lives of both Laci's family and his own family.

Scott certainly appears guilty and the jury who heard the evidence thought so. I believe in the death penalty, but not in purely circumstantial cases like Scott Peterson's. So, I favor life in prison, to give him opportunity either repent and pay his punishment, or to prove his innocence ... if he can.

I agree. While I'm about 98% sure he's guilty, on the off-chance that he actually didn't do it, I think life in prison would be best.

However, to stand outside a court house to cheer at the verdict seems rather inane and ludricris

Ya, it brings back the sickening images of all the cheering when O.J. was found not guilty. While I'm glad there was a "guilty" verdict in this case, it's nothing to cheer about.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Springer has nothing to do with it. The urge to spit and condemn is a human instinct recorded from the earliest times. It's still uncivilized, and demeans the spitter far more than the spittee.

the Bible is right when it says not to gloat when an enemy falls.

Disgusting. Weren't we all the subjects of that kind of group condemnation when we left the dubs?

CZAR

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Weren't we all the subjects of that kind of group condemnation when we left the dubs

And many still are.

I could understand if his mother played some active roll, but then if she did, she would be imprisoned as well. She's just as much of a victim as Laci's family.

Kwin

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Geez, what is America becomming? We're now like the French at a bicycle race!

Anyway, I was only yawning, and that weird thing happened with a little stream of water from my throat.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Ignorant and cruel behavior by the public never ceases to make me sick. Spitting on Scott Peterson Mom is just vile. I believe the death penality has it's place, but I have to agree all the evidence was not complete. Here someone who had all kinds of evidence against him like OJ Simpson got off. It makes no sense to me. I didn't hear the court trial of Scott Peterson but feel he probably did it, but evidence is just not very great or doubtfree.

I feel sorry for his family and Laci's family, this whole thing is terrible. But it happens all the time, this case just got publicized more than some.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Springer has nothing to do with it. The urge to spit and condemn is a human instinct recorded from the earliest times

Correct you are, I just like using that term "the Springerization of America".

• AlanF
    AlanF

I agree with you, Jim. However, I can to some extent understand the reaction of some people, because Peterson's family, as I understand the case, lied to authorities to protect him. That might have been because they really believed him innocent, but then they would have been yet other victims of this pathological liar.

AlanF

• freedom96
    freedom96

There is no reason to spit at Scotts mother. I hope at some point she will come to realize that yes, her son did do what he did. I feel bad for them. They believed in Scott so much, and now they have this 7 digit attorney bill.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Ya, it brings back the sickening images of all the cheering when O.J. was found not guilty.Here someone who had all kinds of evidence against him like OJ Simpson got off

OJ was innocent, at least in my opinion. Most people are not really aware of the facts in that case. Heres why OJ got off:

1. The Dna that was found under Nicole Simpsons and Ron Goldmans fingernails didn't match OJ's Dna.

2. The time it took to get from her house to his house even under the best of circumstances was over 40 minutes.

3. A too eager racist cop.(contamination)

Yours Truly

Merc'

"If the evidence dont fit you must acquit"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit