Secrets to getting along with practically anyone:

by Roamingfeline 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Thought you all might enjoy this, I sure did!

Hugs,
    RCat

Secrets to getting along with practically anyone:

Before you say anything to anyone, ask yourself three things: a) Is it true? b) Is it kind? c) Is it necessary? [This is the most important part of the secret in my opinion]
    Always take the opportunity to compliment or to say something encouraging to someone.
    Refuse to talk negatively about others; don't gossip, and don't listen to gossip.
    Have a forgiving view of people. Believe that most people are doing the best that they can.
    Keep an open mind; discuss, but don't argue (it's possible to disagree without being disagreeable).
    Forget about counting to 10. Count to 1,000 before doing or saying anything that could make matters worse.
    "Do not seek so much to be consoled, as to console; do not seek so much to be understood, as to understand: do not seek so much to be loved, as to love."

If you've been experiencing a lot of negativity in your life, try this. You'll be amazed how the negativity diminishes after you've been doing it for a while.

• waiting
    waiting

Oh Cat,

You make it sooooo easy sometimes......

The Broad Australian accent is a legitimate form of speech and should not be stigmatized as a speech defect needing correction. John Ingram

Australians are living proof that aborigines screw kangaroos. John Freeman

AND BEFORE YOU GET MAD AT ME......

You cannot underestimate the intelligence of the American people. HL Mencken

Los Angeles is the plastic asshole of the world. William Faulkner

I believe in spreading it around equally. Don't you?

waiting

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

ROFL!!! Or else you like insulting from BOTH ends.. LOL I'm an American living in Australia!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Cat,

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats remember that approximately one billion Chinese people couldn't care less. Abraham Lazlo

Nationalism means that every little group of human twerps with its own slang, haircut and pet name for God should have a country. PJ O'Rourke

A nation is a society united by a delusion about its ancestry and by a common hatred of its neighbours. William R. Inge

See? I knew you were from both countries - my book can insult anybody!!

But with humor.

waiting

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

LMAO @ waiting!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I thought the post by Roamingfeline should not be hidden so far back on this site, so if I commented that would bring it to where the discussion I'd happening now. Just because it was said 14 years ago doesn't mean that it is irrelevant now.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I obviously arrived on this site a decade too late to mix it with the cat people....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WMF, I just got here too, so not to worry.

The advice in the OP was good then, it's still good now.

• humbled
    humbled

Yup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit