New 607 info?

by startingover 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

the mere fact of someone attacking the original christian congregation happened some 1950 years ago. also, the disciple-making work was being done by then. even jesus said, that generation wouldnt pass... well, it passed. and 1950 years of "the end being near" is a bit long, aint it?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

as to the publishing work: you are not alone...

the international bible society for example (www.ibs.org) offers literature in more than 600 languages all over the world.

• joenobody
    joenobody

Stecka,

I don't think your mom would be too pleased to find out you are posting on this board. Shame, shame. Dare you to let one of your school chums read your posts - brainwashed might be the word they come back with.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

yeah! this is gettin juicey

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

ahhhh...Stecka,

As a good JW, you should know how evil the Internet is! Has not Jehover continually warned you about how evil the Internet is, and that it is a tool of the Debil?

May Jehovah forgive your souls,

May Jehover forgive yours. You are grieving his Holy Spear-it by comng here! You should turn yourself in to the elders at once...

...but seeing as you have such little regard for the slave's admonition to stay off the Internet, I'm sure it will only be a mater of time before you flaunt additional guidelines from the Guberning Body and become one of us...free!!!!

Welcome to the board!Hope to see you post more often Stecka, you'll learn a lot if you want.

~ "A closed mind is a terrible thing to taste"

• undercover
    undercover
    I see a lot of armchair experts, but where can you use the bible and show scriptures to back up what you say. come now show me the scriptures and your reasoning on them.

1. The WTS says that Jesus returned in 1914, well originally they said 1874 then 1914. How does the Society know this? What does the Bible say? What does Jesus himself say?

Matthew 24:23-26

23 ?Then if anyone says to YOU , ?Look! Here is the Christ,? or, ?There!? do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU . 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU , ?Look! He is in the wilderness,? do not go out; ?Look! He is in the inner chambers,? do not believe it.

So, if I believe the Bible, then when anyone claims to know when Christ is returning I am not to believe them.

2. The WTS has for over 100 years predicted the end of the world, or Armageddon. Every predicition of Armageddon has proven incorrect. Even now they claim that Armageddon is imminent. What does the Bible say? What did Jesus say?

Matthew 24:36

36 ?Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

It's quite obvious that if only God knows the day and hour, not even angels or Jesus, then there's no way men on earth would know.

3. The WTS says that Jesus is not mediator for "all" men, but only for the anointed. What does the Bible say?

1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus

No amount of rationalizing or doublespeak changes what the Bible itself says. If one chooses to accept the Bible as the word of God, then one cannot accept a teaching that goes against what the Bible clearly states.

There ya go.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    , after that ask yourself who else publishes bible literature in 400 languages in 235 lands. GOOD NEWS PREACHED TO ALL THE EARTH.

The WTBS is comes up small, compared to the Mormons. And theres 15 million of them, and there considered small.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    he mere fact that you have left the truth and now attack it shows you that it is here. also why dont you read Matthew 24:1-14, after that ask yourself who else publishes bible literature in 400 languages in 235 lands. GOOD NEWS PREACHED TO ALL THE EARTH.

The Knowledge book page 19 says "the Bible is is the munber one best seller in the world. It has been translated, in whole or in part, into over 2,000 languages."

How many languages is the NWT translated in?

• Gill
    Gill

Where's Stecka gone?

Could be the faithful slave has been reading this site and has been round to kick his ass!?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Methinks that Stecka is Unscholar's twin brother. Same braindead modus operandi, same poor language skills, same ole same ole same ole everything.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit