Studying the new "Keep on the Watch!" brochure - The Illustrations (Part 2)

by ozziepost 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Who else but a dub would wear a business suit to the beach?

The message given to new Witnesses as they reach the end of the brochure is that it's quite normal..

On page 31 an illustration shows a serious, bespectacled man in business suit and tie who is seen explaining an opened Bible to his companion, presumably a worldly person since he's dressed in a caual, open-necked shirt.

Images such as this serve to reinforce the conditioning that a new dub experiences. He sees men dressed like that at the Kingdom Hall, now he see that dress style portrayed as being "acceptable" for field service. What will he do? He'll do the same! Nothing need be said to him. He might never be told what to wear but he has been conditioned.

This means he will wear a suit in all situations, no matter how bizarre it may look, as in this case.

A man in a suit at the beach? Yep, if he's a dub!

Yet the brochure calls the Bible "the written Word of God" (p16) and that same "written Word" states:

"And so to the Jews I became as a Jew , that I might gain Jews.........To those without law I became as without law, although I am not without law toward God but under law toward Christ, that i might gain those without law." (1 Corinthians 9:20, 21 - NWT)

Can you imagine what the apostle Paul would have made of the dub in a suit at the beach?!

As we've seen many times already, this brochure is a deceptive tool in the hands of dubs to mislead the unwary.

Cheers, Ozzie

• under74
    under74

What are you talking about Ozzie? He's clearly trying to avoid skin cancer. Jehovah would want it that way. OR perhaps he just came from the Kingdom Hall. Anyway, it's safe and modest attire. Repels the sodomites that frequent the beach.

• blondie
    blondie

I have always checked the illustrations for "dress and grooming."

On pages 16 and 17, the WTS depicts the new world. While the men and boys are dressed in casual shirts, slacks and shrts, the women and girls have skirts and dresses and long hair.

Next I check to see what is offered for food. Never do you see any meat. I read a big discussion on an 'active' JW DB and many insisted there would not only meat be eaten in the new world, there would be hunting. I never understood how they could do that when the WTS never pictures meat being eaten in the "new world." Pages 16-18 don't show meat on the table.

On page 23, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is shown. But not a child in sight. Does the WTS show children dying in their pictures of God's judgment, especially at Armageddon?

Page 29, again a grooming note. A family is shown having a family Bible study. The man and boy are in casual shirts but the mother is in a skirt. What message does that send?

Another picture you will rarely see, a sister talking to a man with a brother standing by.

These picture themes you will see over and over in the WT publications.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, the publcations are full of subliminal messages. This brochure, in particular, I find one of the most deceitful in recent times.

I'll post more as "we" progress through it - just like a study, eh??? Nah, a refutation!

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, my honey was reprimanded for joking around with the widows. His mentor-elder asked, "You don't see the elders talking to the women, do you?"

Absolutely right. You don't.

• Balsam
    Balsam

A JW gal brought the newest magazines and that brochure to me. Wow it is full of brainwashing. So negative. The world so bad, how J is going to destroy it, and how if your not on their side you'll be destroyed too. The photos were typical JW stuff I thought.

I noticed no meat in pictures too over the years. We always assumed J would do away with eating meat in the New System, after all there would be no hunting or killing for food. I remember us having discussion in the door to door work about that. My ex would always say he didn't know if he could live without hamburgers and steak. All the guys would agree in the car. LOL

What nonsense isn't it?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    What nonsense isn't it?

Yep, sure is. Actually the WTS's claim that their teachings are "Bible based" is way off. Take this eating meat or not eating meat. The truth is that the Bible doesn't mention a paradise earth hope for Christians at all. Where Christians will spend eternity isn't spelled out. it could be on earth or it could be in heaven or it could be......All they know is that they will be with their Lord. that should be enough.

But not for the dubs because they've never paid much heed to Jesus. A spiritual materialism carries far more weight with them, so eating or not eating meat seems to be significant. Poor things!

Ozzie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, I have witnessed on the beach, dressed in my best ministry suit, complete with bag .. the beach was a lot busier than the one in the picture, in fact one of the most well known on the South Coast.

When we lived down there , the beach was a popular place for informal witnessing on the way home, for obvious reasons really.

As to illustrations of New World, I have never seen one to my knowlege that showed meat being eaten . The unwritten belief was always that we would be vegetarian since mankind was to be at peace with the animals.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Damn, this is another reminder of how screwed up I was. I never did service? on the beach, but once an elder and his wife dragged me and my wife to harass people in a park on a hot Sunday afternoon. There we were, in our suits and ties and bookbags, and our wives wearing dresses and high heels, trying to peddle our watchtowers to innocent people as they had their picnics and BBQs. Most of the people stared at us like we were wackos. I felt so stupid and never did it again.

The meatless new system? was always a sore point with me. What kind of bloody paradise would it be without good steaks, hamburgers, turkey dinners, smoked sausages, etc? I doubt I'd survive a week without meat, let alone eternity!

Walter

• undercover
    undercover

The witnessing on the beach reminded me of something that was being pushed right before I left...remember parking lot witnessing? OMG...we'd lay in wait at a Wal-Mart parking lot, wait for someone to pull in and get out of their car and we'd run, literally run over to them to try to get them to take the mags. Then Wal-Mart complained, so instead of targeting people going in, we targeted people leaving. That was harder because we were walking up to them as they were coming out and they would see us and take evasive action to avoid us. I lost count of how many people I startled who were snoozing in parked cars. Walk up and knock on the window, they'd jump half out of their skin. After a while, Wal-Mart prohibited any kind of solicitation without their permission. They put up signs, hired off-duty deputies, etc. Of course some felt persecuted, but I always felt uneasy about bothering people in a parking lot.

I remember being told that we would be vegetarians in the new system. Except for this one elder who loved to fish. He proclaimed from the stage that we would eat seafood because fish didn't feel pain the way animals did. (not to start a animal rights argument...it's what he said, not me).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit