JW History Timeline Updated - suggestions welcome

by Angharad 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

About 4 years ago Simon developed a timeline to chart the history of the JWs and their beliefs, but didn't have time to maintain it with the latest stuff.

I have now finished bringing it upto date with all the lastest things such as the child abuse issues, UN etc, and I've also added some more older stuff as well.

Any further suggestions for additions are welcome. See what you think.

http://www.jwtruth.com/timeline.asp

BTW: There is a slight formatting problem when a large number of fields are selected (overlapping) but that should be fixed soon.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Neat-O!

• kls
    kls

This will come in very handy . Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon
    BTW: There is a slight formatting problem when a large number of fields are selected (overlapping) but that should be fixed soon.

I think that was a hint

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

That is really cool.... looks like a lot of work was put into creating it. Great resource...thanks!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now don't forget 2014 !!!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Vey nice...I like being able to see the timeline and then click and see the quotes to back it up...excellent

One bit of advice...it really messes up the effect when you show info on Christs Invisible presence...I mean really shouldn't that be invisible too...you could simply tell us it's there but we can't see it...like the wind and electricity.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nah, that was the holy spirit!!

• Simon
    Simon

The idea was to highlight how things have changed over time and show that far from being god's channel they are just a bunch of guys making stuff up.

If I get chance I think I'll change it to be horizontal as this will probably fit a lot better.

The goal is to build it into the site so you can see some topic discussions in a similar way with important announcement / topics automatically put into the timeline.

• shotgun
    shotgun
    The idea was to highlight how things have changed over time

Yes Simon, seeing the light bet brighter and watching Jehovahs celestial chariot on the move is thrilling indeed.

Great site, Thanks for all the hard work your family continues to put into educating and helping ones see the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit