Can you attend court in Riverside, CA and support an abuse victim on 11/12?

by blondie 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=298

Can you stand in court with a silent lamb?

On November 11, 2003 Howard Kanehe a Jehovah's Witness in good standing was convicted of molesting his daughter, in addition, his step daughter also offered testimony of her molestation but her testimony was kicked out due to the statue of limitations in California. This was used as a basis to mount an appeal of the original sentencing. When the younger daughter made known she was going to press charges her father beat her and afterward her Jehovah's Witness mother forced her out of the home, she had to live in her car till her sisters offered assistance. The mother has since disowned her daughters, (the sisters remain baptized JW's in good standing) remains married to the convicted child molester, goes to court to offer him support and is auxiliary pioneering this month. This Monday was to be the sentencing hearing and twelve plus Jehovah's Witnesses appeared to offer character statements for the convicted child molester. They were dressed in their best clothes and carried Watchtowers that they studied during part of the court proceeding while giving negative looks to the victims of this pedophile.

This apparently is not a new practice of Jehovah's Witnesses please review this link to see two recent cases in which similar actions by Jehovah's Witnesses occurred.

http://www.silentlambs.org/education/transcripts.cfm

(see the URL at the top for continuation)

Location of courthouse

Friday, 11/12/04, 8:30 am

Directions

Contact

If you can attend or help with this in anyway please contact silentlambs as quickly as possible or call 270-703-2257.

• sf
    sf

A brief refresher course:

Murrieta man arrested for alleged molestations - 4/18/02 - NCTimes ...
    ... evening, Sgt. Larry Preston said Wednesday. Howard Kanehe, 57, was arrested
    soon after that, Preston said. According to Riverside ...
    www.nctimes.net/news/2002/20020418/90053.html - 10k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Murrieta man arrested for alleged molestations

JOHN HALL
    Staff Writer

MURRIETA ---- A Murrieta man has been arrested on suspicion of molesting two underage girls, one of them who is now in her 30s and reports she was first molested by him more than 15 years ago, according to police.

Murrieta officers first became aware of the alleged crimes when a teen girl reported it to them Monday evening, Sgt. Larry Preston said Wednesday.

Howard Kanehe, 57, was arrested soon after that, Preston said.

According to Riverside County court records, Kanehe has been charged with two counts of engaging in three or more acts of substantial sexual conduct with a child younger than 14 and two counts of substantial sexual conduct with a victim younger than the age of 14.

Kanehe was familiar with the teen and the woman who are alleging that he molested them, authorities said. They are not being named because of The Californian's policy not to identify victims of sex crimes.

The woman, who is now about 30 years old, told officers that she was molested by Kanehe in San Diego County while she was between the ages of 13 and 15, Preston said.

A girl, who is now in her late teens, also told officers she was molested between the ages of about 4 and 13, Preston said. Those reported crimes occurred in Murrieta and Hawaii, she told officers.

Kanehe was booked at the Southwest County Detention Center in French Valley and is now being held at the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside in lieu of $150,000 bail, a jail spokeswoman said.

Contact staff writer John Hall at (909) 676-4315, Ext. 2628, or [email protected].

4/18/02

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yes, I will be there. I have notified Silent Lambs as requested and awaiting their reply. I am bringing folks with me too.

Corvin

• Bryan
    Bryan

Good job Corvin.

Bryan

• Corvin
    Corvin

bttt

More must come! This is important.

Corvin

• amac
    amac

I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem right to me. It bothers me that the JWs would appear in a case where they have no idea if he is guilty or not, simply because he is also a JW. But it would also bother me to support an alleged victim without knowing anything about the people or the case. I don't understand this whole idea about rallying around anyone who alleges they were abused, without any substantial motivation for belief.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem right to me. It bothers me that the JWs would appear in a case where they have no idea if he is guilty or not, simply because he is also a JW. But it would also bother me to support an alleged victim without knowing anything about the people or the case. I don't understand this whole idea about rallying around anyone who alleges they were abused, without any substantial motivation for belief.

amac, it is documented that the man confessed to the elders, was df'd, then reinstated. He was convicted, but may walk on a technicality, as I understand it. I don't understand your hesitation or your discouraging others from doing what is right. What is it you require before you, or anyone for that matter, gets off their apathetic and cynical highhorse and does something to effect change?

Re-read this please:

On November 11, 2003 Howard Kanhe a Jehovah's Witness in good standing was convicted of molesting his daughter, in addition, his step daughter also offered testimony of her molestation but her testimony was kicked out due to the statue of limitations in California.
    Apparently this information was part of the congregation record as well in that Howard Kanhe was disfellowshipped in the early summer of 2002 for confessing to child molestation yet he was reinstated latte summer of 2002 due to his great 'repentance.

Now stop wringing your hands and get your apathetic behind to the courthouse on Friday morning.

These victims do not need distant prayers and posative wishes. They need to physically see others who believe and support them. What they are going through is terribly difficult and they are taking the hard road for the sake of REAL truth and justice, not Jehovah-justice. We have all had our fill of WT justice, haven't we?

The judge also needs to see with his own eyes that others care and are watching what unfolds. The perp has support of the most disgusting kind and I for one cannot have a clean conscience knowing what I know and not making the effort to do something to make a difference. I am 1 hour and 41 minutes away from the Riverside Courthouse. There is no excuse or reason why I cannot do something good for another human being who is in need and so close.

Who will be there to stand up for you or your children? Who will not object to what this sick man did if not we? We are not talking about a woman on the side of the road with a flat tire we see as we are driving along, and we just too lazy or in such a hurry to stop and give assistance to. No, we are talking about a victim of one of the most evil crimes one can perpetrate on a child. We must object. We must raise our voices and support her and every other victim we are aware of.

Each one of us as former victims of the WTBTS and their drones have the obligation, now that we are out, to help others. We can make changes and expose the organization for the sham it really is, but only if we choose to, only if we do it collectively. There is power in numbers, but complete impotence in apathy and mediocrity. We can sit around bitching about what happened to us, but we can also step up, be seen, be heard and be the difference that makes a difference in someone else's life. We owe it to ourselves and we owe it to other human beings in need. We must not turn out backs, ever.

Corvin

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wish I had the strength of you guys... I live close to Riverside.. although I work no where near it and do have to work Friday..

but being in a room with those JW I am afraid would send me into an anxiety attack... I honestly don't think I could handle it..

I'm sorry

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

The perp was CONVICTED, and he is being re-sentenced.

The re-sentencing doesn't "undo" the conviction.

This guy is a perp.

Kimberlee d.

• amac
    amac

I'm sorry, it didn't register with me that he was already convicted and this is a technicality to appeal the decision. That's ashame. I don't live in California, otherwise I might attend out of curiosity and to show support to the victim.

What is it you require before you, or anyone for that matter, gets off their apathetic and cynical highhorse and does something to effect change?

I could do without the disparaging remarks. You don't know jacks**t about me or what I have been through. You don't know how many days I've already taken off work to attend court cases on molestation for people I know. Perhaps you should come down off your self-righteous high horse and slow down on the judgements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit