New light?

by Maxee 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Maxee
    Maxee

What scripture if any is the organisation using now to validate the changes they have made regarding new light?
    Has anyone heard any more on this and do all the brothers and sisters now know about the changes.

Just curious

• Zep
    Zep

They use Proverbs 4:18 a lot dont they?, its really amazing!...because Proverbs 4:19 could equally apply, in fact its far more apt.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Maxee: What changes are you talking about?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Maxee
    Maxee

frenchy
    Mainly the blood changes. It would be interesting to find out if everyone in the org knows what is allowed now and what still isn't

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I believe probably 90%+ still believe in "abstaining from blood" and are completely ignorant of the whole blood fraction issue. Some do know, but don't realize the quatities of blood involved to derive the fraction.

For most if the issue does come up, they'd rather not hear too much in detail. It hurts to think, and besides if the FDS says something is ok, then it must be.

Funny how the walls go up. Maybe they'll be lucky and will never need blood or blood products.

Path

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Maxee: The Society has never cited a Scriptural reason for allowing the use of blood fragments. I suppose it's because, in truth, there is none. They use the old line: "...some have felt..." and let it go at that. Like Path said, it's just accepted.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Angharad
    Angharad

I also think that most people are not aware of any changes regarding blood.

A few months ago my neice was admitted to hospital with a nose bleed (we have a clotting condition that runs in the family) luckly my sister knew about the blood fractions and she allowed her a transfusion, later on my sister made a comment at the meeting about the transfusion and she said you could hear the gasps of shock horror around the hall, because most people thought she had done something wrong.

• somebody
    somebody

I still know a woman in her early 60s who doesn't realize that the WBTS ever changed what God's view of accepting an organ transplant is! She still thinks it's still means that you're a cannibal if you would accept one if needed! It would be great if the WBTS would make study articles on these subjects and stucy them repetitiously like they do on going door tho door collecting contributions. It would be nice if they would print articles in the awake magaizine on these subjects to, rather than articles on what worms eat and such.

somebody
    ~~~~If you're ever selling your house, and some people come by, and a big rat comes out and he's dragging the rattrap because it didn't quite kill him, just tell the people he's your pet and that's a trick you taught him.~~~~

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

My grandfather is the same way Somebody. He knows of the change as far as organ transplants go, but it had been so ingrained inside him that its cannibalism that he'd still refuse to take one.

That is his choice I guess. Its just that how many of the younger generation that have grown up with these common proceedures being acceptable would even conjecture the thought of cannibalism?

Path

• brandnew
    brandnew

Isnt it crazy, how 15 years have passed....and there still are some who dont know about new light changes?

Old timers especially..its very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit