Big Tax Bill on JW's in France

by gespro 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

well just figure the wt sued the lady in canada for @$160,000 in court costs. even tho they lost the case. vicki boer. how long was that case maybe a week at most? the wt has been fighting the french gov't for over 10 years i would guess if they charged courts costs in france, the same way they did to vicki boer. maybe 5-10 million. i hope at the european court the french convince other countries the wt is a scam , and the whole european community tax them for lying. that they are a charity. john

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm w heathen, why would taxes infringe on them in any way, since their work is calimed to be not of this world, not based on what the world is based, to be the third heaven to which paul was transported, that theres is a spiritual paradise. Jesus said to give tax to those demanding it. Why contest his words in court? All this fighting against the giving of a few measley millions is putting the lie to all the above claims.

S

• heathen
    heathen

Just glad somebody agreed there satanus.. I mean WTH is the WTBTS doing that much revenue anyway , it's obviously Gods plan that they pay the tax and return to being the humble yet abused people that the bible obviously talks about in the new testament .

LMAO@elsewhere ----- Obviously God wants his people to suffer . He never promised anyone a path free of turmoil and misery just the hope of something better .

• fifi
    fifi

Jesus said to give tax to those demanding it.

Couldn't agree more. What happened to giving back Caesar's things to Caesar?

• link
    link

The figures given in the opening post (above) show that the average income per year was equivelent to 16 million U.S. dollars. It appears that each of the 250,000 Witnesses in France each donated $64 a year to the W.W.W. fund to pay for the literature!

Does anyone arrive at a different figure?

link

• heathen
    heathen

Yeah right Satanus , they don't go beyond what is written , gag . I think the WTBTS goes too far when they ask the members to pay up front for magazines to begin with , I mean man they have alot of revenue for a non profit organization and the minute somebody doesn't want to pay upfront they get raked over the coals with a bunch lousy WTBTS propaganda . I think them calling themselves not for profit is nothing but lie to begin with ,along with the rest of the religious con artists in the world . I think garybus had it right that they are nothing but a corporation and are run by lawyers .

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm surprised nobody else caught this.

The amount to be paid is 23 million EUR and some property has already been mortgaged.

Who gave them the mortgage? WT Brooklyn? They will profit from the interest while the French JW's foot the tax bill.

Devon

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Devon,

Here "mortgage" is not a loan, it is a direct right granted to the creditor (i.e. the French administration) on the debtor's real estate (in French "hypothèque"). I don't think Brooklyn comes into the picture at this point.

• heathen
    heathen

Yeppers this is another seemingly crooked facet of the WTBTS . The WTBTS actually loans the money to build kingdom halls and facilities but is not responsible for up keep or utilities . The members of the congregation are exspected to raise money to pay back the WTBTS for the money loaned out . Even in this they can't claim charity because they are counting on money being replaced by members .

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Thanks for setting the record straight Nark. I didn't know that.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit