JW's and government

by Granny Linda 21 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I guess that it is part of the executive branch because the government uses the postal service to notify people of the draft or for court situations . It is not in the constitution as far as people having the legal right to mail . Since the government is dependant on the postal service it only makes sense that they regulate it somehow so that the post office is responsible for seeing to it people are notified of the above without protest . It would seem only too democratic if people could specify what mail they wish to receive so now it becomes another aspect of government control .

I was merely presenting an argument earlier on what is and is not suitable employment for a christian servant of God to accept . Since the WTBTS already accuses the justice system of corruption and false imprisonment I don't see how they can morally justify working for the legal system that they believe is their enemy anyway . I often felt that the christian arrangement was more in line with what the Amish do as far as living together and working and sharing , I don't think the WTBTS could get away with printing their own money it would only be a form of counterfiet anyway . Money was not evil in itself it was greed that leads to all sorts of injurious things .

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

heathen i agree with your post; the post office is a branch of the u.s. gov't, postal police follow around mail trucks. a branch of the judical power the u.s. the customs dept. as well as the u.s. mail has a right to stop any mail. i feel jw's should not take any city, state, county,or gov't job. why would they want to work for satans org. does not the u.s. mail serve the military. that's just like the jw coca cola guy delivering soda to an army base. the jw mail worker has to move that mail to the army base. or does the jw working in the local post office say i can't take this mail because your sending it to your son in iraq? hypocrites. i agree if jw's really wanted to be no part of the world they should act like the amish. but they don't, they could run their presses off a water wheel. or wind mill, trust me if they could get away with printing thier own money. they would. greed is the wts way they will help you to avoid real estate and income taxes if you turn over all your property to them. and give you an allowance till you die. while they invest your $$$$$$$ in stocks and real estate so they can build up more treasures on earth for themselves. once you get a basic idea what the wt is doing. they look a lot like satan him self. john

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

And technically the postal system is privatized (ie ups and fedex), but the usps is a owned by the government

um most jws i know of are some type of civil servant or kissing cousins to one (such as working at a school). Look at how many JW firemen there are. Also in america it is legal to print your own currency but it is not protected by the fed.

So if the jws wanted they could use only watchtower dollars or whatever they would call them. The problem is many places probally would not take them. Look at the liberty dollar (and those are redeemable in real silver).

JWs believe that the "world" ALSO is in the grips of Satan (god of this system). What would you have them do, get out of the world? Which, btw, is somewhat akin to something I'll already said ... something which you haven't commented on yet:

You know someone wrote a letter about that

(1 Corinthians 5:9-13) 9

In my letter I wrote YOU to quit mixing in company with fornicators, 10 not [meaning] entirely with the fornicators of this world or the greedy persons and extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, YOU would actually have to get out of the world. 11 But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do YOU not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? "Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves." NWT
  • heathen
    heathen

XQ--- I can't see the use of printing their own money . They should be willing to help each other out of love and compassion and not for personal gain of any sort . They don't know how to be generous but are very petty and selfish . Things are quite a bit different than they were back in the 1st century where the congruents were instructed to sell all their belonging and share the revenue to supplicate their daily needs in Acts of apostles we see that even people who lied about their intentions fell dead on the spot , Ananias and his wife , if I remember correctly. Since the WTBTS is not about to provide anything to anybody in the US or north america for that matter people still have to work secular jobs and I think we are getting to the point where you won't be able to buy sell or trade without the mark of the beast . The WTBTS is finding this out in countries like Malawie or mexico where the governments are trying to force political cards that support the government in various ways or to avoid serving military time they are bribing officials .

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Response to Schiz:

It is not I who made up their silly doctrine or rules rather it is WT. The fact that I point out that certain behaviour is hypocritical when compared against their WT doctrine and rules is for them to have to explain - not me.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Response to Schiz:

It is not I who made up their silly doctrine or rules rather it is WT. The fact that I point out that certain behaviour is hypocritical when compared against their WT doctrine and rules is for them to have to explain - not me.

Translation: "I just thought I wanted to discuss this. I now realize that I'm not qualified to finish what I started. I'm outta here! Bye."

• one
    one

last two jw ladies tried to "preach" to me, after a few minutes the ran out of words.

They said they dont care about politics becasue god's kingdom will fix everything, i asked what do you do during the mean time, if too many people think as you do then thieves, criminals, would be running the country.

I told then in fact you are "preaching to me in this park at night just because you feel safe seeing a few police officers around, don't you?,

if the major does not protect the city, THEY replace him with a new one during the next election, don't THEY? (YOU TWO DON'T COUNT). So don't you ever complaint...

They even shoot themselves mentioning they "authoritiries are alowed by god. I said if so then try to choose the best availble or DONT COMPLAINT.

Hey not only a gov jos (usps) is ok but welfare is fine, UN library card card is even better, yeah right they are not part of the political system.

They don't boicot (sp?) IRS just because they know exactly what any gov will do to them if they even hint..

Can jw differentiate their righ hand from their left hand?

Response to Schiz:

I enjoy discussion. What you want to do is argue and you deliberately use contentious comments like "What you would have them do" or "Translation: "I just thought I wanted to discuss this. I now realize that I'm not qualified to finish what I started. I'm outta here! Bye."."

The fact is my explanation was clear, concise and correct. The fact is you can't deal with that. Whenever you have difficulty with someone challenging your points you resort to insult.

I am not interested in that type of dialogue as I outgrew it in my early late teens and early 20s.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Response to Schiz:

I enjoy discussion. What you want to do is argue and you deliberately use contentious comments like "What you would have them do". I am not interested in that type of dialogue as I outgrew it in my early 20s.

Translation: "I just thought I wanted to discuss this. I now realize that I'm not qualified to finish what I started. I'm outta here! Bye."

You really are immature Schizm.....problem is, I think you're actually proud of that fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit