Can JWs vote now?

by BeelzeDub 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Bob Greene a JW from New Haven Mass, voted for Kerry!

Both parties made the Iraq war and the war on terrorism key issues in their campaigns and voters responded at the polls. Bob Greene, 49, of New Haven, said he is a Jehovah's Witness and does not usually vote but considered this election too important to miss. "

Bush is going to kill more of our kids if he wins another four years," said Greene, a hot dog vendor. "I have two sons, a kid 22 and a kid 18, and Bush is not going to kill my kids."

Source: http://www.wfsb.com/Global/story.asp?S=2513890

~BD

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/80120/1.ashx

Well if you read the article carefully it certainly implies that you can and shouldn't, but can, but shouldn't.....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Uhhh Ohhhh... Brother Greene is going to get a visit from some elders.

• dorothy
    dorothy

A few years ago there was a "Questions From Readers" and apparently, while frowned upon, it's a matter of conscience. Like most things, if you give them time.

• TD
    TD

I don't understand..... If JW's don't go to war even if they're drafted, what's Greene talking about? Maybe he's a JW and his sons aren't?

• undercover
    undercover

The cracks in the Tower are starting to grow longer and wider...

Years ago, it was a mortal sin to vote and good JWs didn't even talk politics. Now, not only are JWs voting, some on the sly for some time, they are starting to come out and admit it. Even if a JW felt the need to vote, he would probably would not admit it let alone brag about it. But, here's Mr. Greene admitting both voting and being a JW to a news reporter. Where's the fear of reprisal from the elders?

The WTS is losing control. As the cracks grow, the more the infrastructure starts to collapse. If they don't make major changes to the basics of the teachings and policies, it will implode.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

TD

I don't understand..... If JW's don't go to war even if they're drafted, what's Greene talking about? Maybe he's a JW and his sons aren't?

I was going to do some investigative reporting on this. It would appear that New Haven is in the state of CT not MA as I quoted above.

I could not find a Bob Greene, B Greene or Robert Greene in New Haven CT in the white pages even though there are many other Greenes in that area.

He could be a study or unbaptized husband of a JW who considers himself one though not baptised.

However, he does seem to be holding down a typical JW career.

• Purza
    Purza
    Uhhh Ohhhh... Brother Greene is going to get a visit from some elders.

LMAO That is what I was thinking! Hopefully Brother Greene doesn't care.

Purza

• gespro
    gespro

To echo Undercover- Back in my days in the Borg it was UNHEARD of to even think these terms at all. I'm truly amazed by the gradual deteriorization of the Society. Never thought it would happen in my former Dub frame of mind [of course not. We were brainwashed!] but now look. It's falling from the inside out!

Okay, gotta go duck from falling buildings now...

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Bob Green spoke like a true idiot witness. Its a good thing witnesses dont vote, they would no doubt contaminate the political process with rediculous view points like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit