AUTO GASOLINE .85 CENTS A GALLON IN IDAHO

by outoftheorg 12 Replies latest social current

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

THOUGHT YOU MIGHT FIND THIS OF INTEREST.

FOR LATE MODEL VEHICLES WITH MULTI FUEL SYSTEMS, GASOLINE CONSISTING OF 85% METHANOL "ALCOHOL" AND 15% GASOLINE IS NOW AVAILABLE AT ONE SERVICE STATION IN BOISE IDAHO, AT (( EIGHTY FIVE CENTS )) A GALLON.

THE METHANOL IS MADE FROM POTATO WASTE LEFT OVER AT PROCESSING PLANTS.

IT HAS FEWER CONTAMINANTS THAN GASOLINE AND IF SPILLED, THE METHANOL WILL TURN INTO WATER, MAKING IT ENVIRONMENTAL ACCEPTABLE.

PERFORMANCE IS SUPPOSED TO BE EQUAL TO GASOLINE.

THAT EIGHTY FIVE CENTS A GALLON LOOKS GOOD TO ME.

Outoftheorg

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

.85 cents a gallon? One gallon is less than a penny? :P

• simplesally
    simplesally

Someday they will make hybrid SUV's..........until then, I am stuck on my gas guzzler and all the room it has to carry stuff. Plus, it's a lot safer than little cars in an accident. But I sure do envy those drivers of hybrid Toyotas!! The hybrids are even allowed to go in the commute lane without having to have another rider!.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Well, at less than a cent per gallon, I CAN SEE WHY YOU ARE SHOUTING ABOUT IT!!!!

But there's no need TO SHOUT, I am only over here..........

I found some more information about the methanol/gasoline blend you described, it is called M85.

http://www.altfuels.org/backgrnd/altftype/m85.html

I am very interested in the mechanism for the reaction where methanol turns into water............

CH3OH -------> H2O + CH2?????? I am not sure having clouds of acetylene would be too healthy......

Do you mean that methanol burns in air to form water and carbon dioxide?

2CH 3 OH + 3 O 2 --> 2CO 2 + 4H 2 O
  • outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YA DORKS KNEW WHAT I MENT!

ITS EIGHTY FIVE CENTS CENTS A GALLON.

THERE CAN YA READ THAT?

ALCOHOL HAS AN AFINITY FOR WATER. IF SPILLED ON THE "GROUND" IT WILL MIX WITH THE WATER AND DEGRADE.

GHEESE WHAT A BUNCH OF KNIT PICKERS

Outoftheorg

IN RETROSPECT, I WAS NOT SPECIFIC ENOUGH.

I AM TALKING ABOUT GASOLINE SPILLS. A PIPE LINE BURST OR TANKER ACCIDENT AND THE RESULTING SPILL OF FUEL.

NOT THE TAIL PIPE EMISSIONS.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Agri-byproducts have been used for fuel for a long time. Further development of plant based fuels would help to keep farm incomes up, and fuel prices down. Farmers want it, drivers need it, now you all know about it. Vegtable based gasoline kept Hitler's Nazis in WWII for at least half the war. His refinerys and crude sources were out of the picture about 1943.

Multi- fuel cars have been around for a while too.... Just not enough market to bring the price down. Fuel cells have been around for a while, and becoming more viable from a user standpoint lately. Ford and GM are finally going to market some hybird SUV class trucks that can carry more than a box of Kleenex.

Write your District's Senators and Congressmen and ask them what the hold up is. Just remember the retoric of the last 20 years.... coal, for example, was 'bad' until Big Oil got control of the coal business.

(marke) Demand brings (market) change... We all need to scream for change in this country!

---Hill

• link
    link

This sounds good when you realise that the cheapest petrol (gasoline) price in the U.K. is equal to SIX DOLLARS and NINTY-SIX CENTS a gallon!

link

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well if it's good enough for Hitler, then by god it's good enough for me!

SixofNien! who puts orange rinds and banana peels directly into the tank of his cummins (now bio)diesel. I'm on my first tank, I'll let you know how it works out. Smells good though!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Six-- out of all your posts thats only the third or fourth stupid thing I have ever read from you.

Dont ever change man....

---------Hill (jack boots for sale..half off)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Brad, you are a b*stard, and a complete and utter one at that!!!

I'm currently paying 91.9p/litre of diesel.
    At a rate of 3.785 litres / USA gallon and 1.85 Dollars / Pound Sterling it means that I'm paying $6.44 / USA Gallon.

In other words 7.5x what they pay in Idaho!!!

I do get 50mpg out of my Turbo-Diesel car though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit