It's Clobberin Time!!!!!!!

by Valis 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• Valis
    Valis

New Fantastic Four Movie...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/fantasticfournews.php?id=2014

And a new Ghost Rider movie..No pics of Nicholas Cage as the character yet though..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=2001

Any favorite comic characters you would like to see hit the big screen?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Man, I loved that cartoon when I was a kid. And Dr. Doom and the Silver Surfer.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I loved Fantastic four as a kid!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I used to be a huge comic book fan. In fact, I had every issue of the Fantastic Four (and Spiderman, Avengers, X-Men and Capt. America). However, one day my sweet, caring mother (#(!***##) worked me over (thanks Mom) and as a result I sold every last issue I had, that today would be worth thousands.

Anyway, here's a link to some news on the FF movie (with a cool shot of the Thing):

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=5694

I'm bummed because they used to have a preview clip of stolen footage but FOX made them take it down.

Also, this is the best movie site out there (Ain't It Cool News):

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18718

Advance word by the way is not as favorable as Spiderman and the X-Men.

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

Most of the comics I followed have already been turned into movies. X-Men, Spiderman, The Hulk, Spawn, etc. One superhero that I would love to see on the big screen was one of the weirder ones. My favorite comic growing up was called The Maxx, and it was about a schizophrenic homeless guy in a purple costume who thought his social worker was a Leopard Queen and tried to protect her from a serial killer who shares Maxx's hallucination. As the story progresses, more and more people start to get involved, until everyone is thoroughly convinced that they're crazy. It was like David Lynch wrote a comic book. MTV did a mini-series that told the story of The Maxx word for word. It was the best thing they've done in years. To see a movie about something like that would be great.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Much as I want this movie to be awesome, I got a bad feeling from what I've read about it so far. Jessica Alba as Sue Storm????? Give me a break!

No Apologies

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

A squabbling family with super-powers trying to cope with things like a happy marriage, teenage angst, dead end jobs?

I saw that story today!

"The Incredibles" is THE BEST superhero movie I have seen to date, better and faster paced than Spider-Man 2. The ground that it covered is going to make the FF movie seem imitative and irrelevant when it comes out next year. Which is a shame, because I was looking forward to this movie too (I have been collecting it since 1975! and still have my collection!).

But, the whole set-up for the series is pretty corny (hijacking a rocket ship? Cosmic ray bombardment? The arch enemy is a gypsy king genius turned into an armored dictator of an Eastern European nation the size of Luxembourg?). Fan demands aside, the series was at its best when the stories went cosmic, ie: Galactus and the Silver Surfer, The discovery of the Kree on Earth, The Skrulls, Inhumans, Adam Warlock...all of this from the real brains of the series, Jack Kirby. This is what the movie could be, but instead we are going to get phony armor and phonier Rumanian accents, and a sillier story. Too bad...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dragonballz is already an animation, but i think it could be good w real people flying and shooting energy balls and doing hypermartial arts.

S

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

There already is a Dragonball movie starring Jet Li, and they are currently in the casting process for a DBZ movie.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Jessica Alba as Sue Storm?????

Isn't sue blond. I cant see Jessica as a blond.

Yea, Tex I lost my comic collection about 1 year ago. One of the pipes in my house burst and most all my comic collection got ruined. I was able to savage about 100 comics. I used to really get into THOR, Increddible Hulk (the movie sucked tho) and a few others.

My eternal Favorite?

Silver Surfer (and more specifically the INFINITY GAUNTLET SAGA)

Todd Mafarlan is the best comic book artist out there imo.

M'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit