Does Jehovah God Enter Into Your Mind At All?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you EVER think of "Jehovah God" at all, anymore???

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

He usually knocks first. Jesus on the other hand is a rude s.o.b. who just barges in - no manners at all.

• Mulan
    Mulan

no

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Who?

• target
    target

no

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
  • BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Nope.

It's difficult to have one who does not exist enter ones mind.

-B

• Terry
    Terry

The less neurotic you become; the less you employ protective mechanisms to shield you from reality. Jehovah was a neurotic quirk that came from my mind state when I was a teenager fleeing reality. I split my consciousness into myself: other. The "other" was Jehovah. I spoke to myself and called it Jehovah. I prayed by talking to myself and calling it Jehovah. I could not help myself and, surprise! surprise! neither could jehovah except only as far as I could help myself.

One day I started talking to "Jehovah" and suddenly realized I was talking to myself! I almost instantly had this cognition and it cured me of my neurotic need to project this imaginary friend outward into actuality.

Jehovah never enters anybody's mind. The mind of people with mental disorders projects Jehovah outward onto the big screen of their religious wishful thinking. At meetings and convention this is reinforced. Reality can only be fended off just so long. Sooner or later the image being projected is subjected to a heavy dose of the real world. Once you know how this magic trick is done you can't be fooled by it any more. The ventriloquist is really the one talking and not the dummy.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sometimes, but the Smurfs always chase him out with thier war chariots.

(Judges 1:19) . . . And Jehovah continued with Judah, so that he took possession of the mountainous region, but he could not dispossess the inhabitants of the low plain, because they had war chariots with iron scythes.

• blondie
    blondie

Do you EVER think of "Jehovah God" at all, anymore???

Actually these are 2 different questions.

1. God has never initiated a conversation with me in my mind, ever. If I think he does, it is time to see the schizophrenic doctor.
    2. I try hard to keep "Jehovah" out of my conversation, but?doing my review I have to quote exactly what is in the article, so I must type "Jehovah" and usually what I type does have some passing acquaintance with my mind. That is why I do the review in segments to counteract my vomit barriers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit