Did anyone say anything unusual at the doors?

by badboy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I believe william Schnell was once told that the only way to get light from a WT was to set fire to it!

Did anyone say anything of an usual matter to you while you were on the doors?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I did not say this but I was with this very large bro who made some strange comments to the householder. Keep in mind he was at least 6'6" and 300 pounds. In retrospect was also probably manic depressed.

I was with him on one of his "up" days. We talked to this little old lady who was just not interested but couldn't get this bro to stop talking. In the middle of the conversation he said to the poor old lady "I have so much love in me I want to pick up up and give you a big hug." she was visably shaken and finially was able to close the door on the two of us.

• dorothy
    dorothy

I was once at a door and the guy said "I don't want to hear anything you have to say because I think it's a load of crap". But he didn't close the door. So I said "OK", but then started laughing. At first I tried to stifle it but made that funny sound in my throat and it was too obvious. We both laughed and said "Have a good day" to each other. It was heart warming.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

This is a remark that I didn't get to hear out in service.

My first real worldly friend told me he once said it to two JW's who showed up on his doorstep:

"Your theology is somewhere between 'seriously misled' and 'bullsh*t.' I'm gonna answer the door naked & playing with myself if you ever come to my house again."

GentlyFeral

• gumby
    gumby

One time this guy said to me......." don't you see anything unusual about your religion"

Gumby

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Who the hell as parents,and I was one, could dress there kids up in little suits and dresses and go out and sell magazines, on a weekend??? when there are cartoons on the tele?????Please god...forgive me for I have sinned...I should never had children in your cult.

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

I worked pretty regularly with an old fellow named David Jackson. You never knew what he might say or do...

One morning, during my conversation with a woman at the door, Dave FARTED. Yup, that's right, a loud, flappy one. Seemed to go on forever.

Dave took advantage of the vacant pause which followed by saying, "Wherever you are, let the wind blow free. The holdin' back of the wind was the death of me. I read that on a gravestone, once."

I left the porch in hysterics.

Steve

• gumby
    gumby
    I worked pretty regularly with an old fellow named David Jackson. You never knew what he might say or do...

One morning, during my conversation with a woman at the door, Dave FARTED

That's why I'm going to continue to smoke. I don't want to live until I shit my shorts and don't give a crap, nor let just anything fly outta my mouth and not realise it. All hail the smokers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumby

• badboy
    badboy

tHANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT.

My mother was once told by a jw,that she needed to get out of Satan's church and join God's church.

My mother thought he was OTT.

• Celia
    Celia

OTT ???? What's OTT ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit