Serena Williams - a good role model

by TheOldHippie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I have confirmed that she was never baptized nor is she a non-baptized publisher. She is not a role-model to JWs.

• blondie
    blondie

Confirmed by whom?

• Wallflower
    Wallflower
    I have confirmed that she was never baptized nor is she a non-baptized publisher. She is not a role-model to JWs.

SoJ are you one of the Governing Body or just being hopeful?

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

...I mean, who is she kidding?

I'm not knocking her career in any way, but if I was still in the borg and doing that stuff, I'd definitely get the third degree.

But I think it has more to do with money. She's probably giving hefty donations to the crotch-tower so they can look the other way.

I think its the same thing with Prince.

and...

But her face looks like Mike Tyson....kinda kills it for me.

I totally agree. I've been thinking the same thing since shes graced the covers of every male magazine for the past few years.

laters

kaykay_mp

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    She does claim to be a JW. I've heard her interviewed many times, where she says she is a "Jehovah witness" and reads the Bible and their publications, to get centered in her life. Venus says much the same thing.

Really! I didn't know. I thought maybe it was just someone in their family.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I've seen and heard her "thank Jehovah" from center court after winning a match! Sounds like a hard-core dubbie to me...although she doesn't seem to thank him as much when she finishes someplace other than 1st. Wouldn't it have been great if the little Russian girl who beat her not too long ago had said something like, "...and where was your God today?...Maybe HE cannot hear you...or maybe HE is in the privy." From the neck down though she is pretty awesome.

-BONEZZ

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I have confirmed that she was never baptized nor is she a non-baptized publisher. She is not a role-model to JWs

This is hilarious. When she was the darling of tennis the JWs were gleaming with joy and now that she is being a bad girl you come out with this quick spin doctoring. You JWs seem to put in so much effort acting just like a cult.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I think she beautiful! Both she and Venus can hang with me anytime!

• FairMind
    FairMind

If Venus or Serena are baptized JWs then it has happened within the last two years (or so). I remember reading newspaper articles about them where it was mentioned that they not baptized JWs. I think they (at that time) were delaying baptism until later (maybe when their tennis careers were over). Their mother is I understand a JW.

The WTS certainly deserves criticism for a lot of things but I don't think one of them is the conduct of the Williams sisters. They are young, attractive and successful and their actions show it.

FM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit