License Plates in your state

by Sadie5 21 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

In California, you must have both plates.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Mulan, Washington still requires two plates...but a few years ago they switched so we only put tabs on the back plate.

• missy04
    missy04

front and back here in Illinois.

• JH
    JH

Just 1 plate, in the back, here in Quebec. We keep the same plate for years. some have the same plate since 1979. You can imagine how old and rusted such a plate is. We don't put any sticker on the plate neither. If a cop stops you, he knows if you are legal.

By the way, we pay 265$ a year for plates...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    By the way, we pay 265$ a year for plates...

But doesn't that $265 cover a portion of your vehicle insurance as well?

Nova Scotia has one plate in the rear. Ontario has two.

Kwin

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Only the one here in Kansas

Kansas District Overbeer

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

2 here in Virginia, but we have like 100 different types of plates to choose from. I have a personalized plate with the SR-71 on it. A portion of my plate renewal fee goes to the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum, so I don't mind the 70 bucks a year.

TB

• AlanF
    AlanF

They use five here in Colorado: one in the back and front; one on each side door, and a great big one on the roof so helicopters can see it.

They recently passed a law here, at the behest of a group lobbying for personal hygiene, requiring everyone to wash their underwear once a day. Furthermore, everyone is required to wear their underpants on the outside so that authorities can check. This is causing the sales of G-string underwear to boom.

AlanF

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    They use five here in Colorado: one in the back and front; one on each side door, and a great big one on the roof so helicopters can see it.

• maxwell
    maxwell

Two in DC and in Maryland. But one in Tennessee where my wife and I grew up. When I first moved to the metro area and when I still lived Northern Virginia and when I still had a car, and then again when I got married and my wife brought her car here from Tennessee, I drilled holes in our front bumpers to mount the front plates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit