curries ummmmmmmmmm--------

by vitty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

We love Thai food. I make it pretty often but we also go out for it. Red Curry is our favorite, but we also love Green curry.

Indian food is also very popular in our family, but it takes a lot of time to prepare, but I do it from time to time anyway, from scratch.

I tend to cook very American style, most of the time, but love many ethnic foods too.

Our favorite dinner is still a good steak, baked potato, great salad, and a nice red merlot.

• defective light
    defective light

Cook at home?

Give me two cheeseburgers, a large french fry, medium Coke, and a pickup truck to eat in.......an' some Watchtowers... ( fer napkins )

----Bubba from Texas

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I have only one curry dish that I make and it's simple as pie. Cut up a bunch of chicken breast meat into chunks and stir fry it with some ginger and curry powder, adding fat-free chicken broth for moisture as needed. The curry powder and ginger thicken to an almost paste-like consistency (or gravy-like, if you prefer, just add more broth). Serve with some rice on the side and Major Grey's mango chutney. Yummy.

Hmmm, maybe I'll make that tonight...

• vitty
    vitty

Thanks Fe 203 girl

I love Madhur Jaffrey recipes Ill definately look on this web site

By the way she was suppose to be on Eastenders the asian familys mother what happened, does any one know?????

Yeah im a secret soap watcher sssshh!!!!!!!

We love lasange too , with plenty of garlic

• Soledad
    Soledad

here's how I make it:

• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 onions, minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, finely chopped
  • 6 whole cloves
  • 2 (2 inch) sticks cinnamon, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • salt
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
    1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and fry onions until tender.
    2. Stir in garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, cayenne, and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly. Mix in garbanzo beans and their liquid. Continue to cook and stir until all ingredients are well blended and heated through

good!!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My wife makes a curry she found in the Nanny Ogg cookbook - which is a Terry Pratchett reference; in case ANYBODY gets it.

CZAR

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    Our favorite dinner is still a good steak, baked potato, great salad, and a nice red merlot.

My favorite meal, Mulan!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

MMMMMM Curry! One of my favorite staples :)

I love to make chicken curry salad. Instead of using mayo like most normal folks I mix white chicken breast with curry and eat it with sticky white bread. Yummy!!!

I'm off to lunch now ;)

• Simon
    Simon

Well, just had a curry for tea (that's "northern" for dinner) and it was yummy. Seik kebab, Chicken Tikka, nan, Kroma mmmnnn ....

• Englishman
    Englishman

So welcome to the JWD belly-burners club!

Englishman.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit