"Eye-Wrack"

by Simon 30 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

For god's sake, if I hear another American on TV telling me about "Eye-wrack" I will scream !!

It is pronounced Iraq with the 'I' as in 'India' (or do you pronounce that Eye'n'd-ee-yah ?!

It is how THEY pronounce their countries name which makes it the CORRECT way to pronounce it. It is also hwo the rest of the world pronounces it.

How do you pronounce Indianapolis? Does it start with 'Eye'? No? WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ?!?!?!

Please, for the sake of what is left of your version of our English tongue ... learn to speak - everyone else has !

This has been a party-political broadcast by the Victor-Meldrew party. My name is Simon and I approve this message.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oops. I have been saying it wrong. And I'm not even American!

• Simon
    Simon

It's ok. As a Canadian you get special dispensation to use American pronounciation as a necessity without being thought of as ignorant.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Most of the ones I see, do say it correctly.

I also hate it when people say "Eye-Talian" for Italian. Lots of pet peeves with me, and wrong pronunciations.

• Simon
    Simon

phew, it's not just me in Victor-Meldrew mode then

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Simon, not all of us Americans pronounce it wrong. I pronounce it.........ire ahck (silent e)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    if I hear another American on TV telling me about "Eye-wrack" I will scream !!

Sounds like you're going newk-u-ler

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I also cringed to hear Rumsfeld always say "Usama bin Lay-din". To come to think of it, he hasn't said much about that guy lately. Mostly, it has been about Sodom Hussein before the US captured him. And that was ages ago.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

S-eye-mon, did they ever find new-cue-ler weapons in eye-rack?

Jest wondren.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    How do you pronounce Indianapolis? Does it start with 'Eye'? No? WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ?!?!?!

Hell, any one knows that Indianapolis starts with "indian". What are ya, Limey, daft?

---------Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit