Any Halloweeners at your door yesterday?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I didn't see many children going around for halloween around here, but someone knocked at my door last night.

When I opened the door, this is what I saw...

They didn't need a mask

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

That 1 third from left looks like Peter Kay!

• Corvin
    Corvin

We had only a few come by. We gave out candy for the first time ever and it was very delightful and gratifying. I love Halloween.

Corvin

• blondie
    blondie

We have quite a few kids in the subdivision so about 45 to 50 came by. Irreverent was ready though, even put on his antlers and blinking red nose.

Blondie

• Mulan
    Mulan

We had quite a few this year.

I put a jack o lantern in the window, that had a light in it, and turned all the outside lights on, and even put lit candles in the planter that curves around the walk to the front door. I think that helped, as they knew we would have candy. They cleaned me out and I started with 3 big bags of candy bars. I had not even one candy left. The last group came just before 8 PM, and took my last two butterfingers. I had a backup (salt water taffy) in the cupboard, but those kids told me the last two houses had given them tic tacs.

Our neighborhood doesn't have many young children anymore, but there were lots of parents who were driving around the area, it seems, and kids got out when they saw houses decorated.

• Princess
    Princess

We had quite a few but I expected more since it was Sunday. We had some competition with the church though. They have their "harvest festival"....AKA "how to keep kids from celebrating Halloween".

I still have some candy necklaces left, I think the boys passed on them and opted for an extra Air Head Extreme. Almost wiped me out but I still have a bit left that I will be taking to school to hand out. The kids like me there...

• Xena
    Xena
    The kids like me there...

Yea bet the teachers just love ya too after the candy high kicks in

I took my daughter out so I wasn't home....I left some candy out by the door with my flashing skull and the grim reaper on the door but it was all still there when we got home. Not many kids go trick or treating at apartments

• Princess
    Princess

Ahhh, that's the beauty of it. The teachers like me because I'm so involved with the school. It leaves them confused.

I volunteer in Zoe's class on Thursday. I figured I'd give the kids candy for my birthday. Some of the kids don't celebrate Halloween so it's a good way to pump them full of sugar too.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

We didn't get any... but I think that may be because we live next door to a church and graveyard !!

It's a shame really - my wife does the most amazingly scary witch laugh you've ever heard, and she desperately wanted to scare the life out of some poor unsuspecting kiddie!

Bull!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I volunteer in Zoe's class on Thursday.

Isn't your birthday on Friday? Or am I losing my mind? Or both????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit