Pastor Russell and the Colored Friends

by Kenneson 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. It gives me the incentive to work on the next topic: How Pastor Russell Became the Faithful and Wise Servant. Hopefully it will be soon.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I read your post with great interest, as I am a white male married to a black female who has been involved with the JWs for about half a year now. I became a member of this site while seeking information on JWs; what to expect, what they believed, and hopefully how to combat their influence. I have also seen information on the net that shows WT connection to Hitler and pre-WWII Germany. If there is anything that would break my wife free of the grasp of the WT, more information on these two subjects would do it. Though I fear that she is already far enough along in their programming to simply discount it as the actions of former leaders who have since been discredited. (I learned from the web that the doctrines of two former leaders of the JWs, one the founder himself, are no longer believed.) I asked my wife one day if she was aware that the JWs had predicted the end times/Armageddon more than once already. (1925 and 1975 that I know of, maybe more?) Her response seemed schooled, she said 'yes, but that doesn't matter because they don't follow the people who said that anymore'.

Is there more info on racism and WT involvement with the Nazi party? I have been wading through the net with Google to find such, but its a slow process, sometimes a site that seems promising from the Google hit will turn up little actual info or be so bitter in nature that I decide against using it...I want to be able to present my wife with cold facts when I am ready, not a lot of invective that may just make her turn a deaf ear.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Wow, this blows me away. Great research Kenneson!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows how God insired the original FDS was, and his successor was certainly not any better. Very good enlightening research

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit