Found an Awake at the rest stop today..and I knew exactly what to do....

by Dawn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

No apologies necessary happy guy.A shiver went down my spine when you said i was a Jw!!lol...no,nicely faded away now thank you. Enjoy your Coffee my friend.

• Roddy
    Roddy

Great idea!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I am aware of two JW pedophiles and five victims over the years just on an immediate local level. Recent documentaries like Dateline as well as volumes of testimonies by victims on web sites such as this provides me with undeniable evidence that the Jehovah's Witness group has a MAJOR problem with both environment as well as policy relative to child abuse. That statement is undeniably true.

Witness people beating their children at Watch Tower Publishing Corporation sponsored meetings and conventions was one reason I quit associating with them. Witnesses hurt children. That statement is undeniably true.

Silentlambs.org is a credible source of objective information about behaviors of the Witness people. That statement is undeniably true.

Dawn, you are tight on. Good job.

gdt, you are hanging out with a bad group. Doesn't your group teach something about bad associations? When are you going to wake up? GaryB

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

"Doesn't your group teach something about bad associations?"

That's why I stopped going to the Kingdumb Hall. "Bad associations spoil useful habits".

I stopped going out in service? after seeing the Fifth Estate program on child abuse in the organization, and DA'd soon after. There was no way in hell I was going to knock on people's doors and have them associate me with a group that protects child molesters.

Good job in adding the comments to the Awake? magazine. The public needs to be aware that these well dressed smiling bastards are not as harmless as some people think.

Walter

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hi gdt:

Your replay of my words "if your going to err, err on the side of grace" is somewhat misused here. At least in my opinion. These words were spoken by a church elder who was explaining that "legalism" is not the way to go. His words were a rule to live by if you were not sure in which direction to move.

However, I had no question in which direction to move gdt. I'm happy that you have never had first hand knowledge of any JW pedophilia case - I, unfortunately, have not been so blessed with such ignorance of the issues. I know the truth about the pedophilia problem and I spoke the truth. In my opinion there was no question as to whether it was an "err".

Additionally, My words were directed to the "religion" as I noted in my message on the Awake - and that is where my accusation lies. I know there are many people in the JW religion with very true hearts that are only trying to do what is right and please God. They are not all bad - in fact, most are very good people. But it is the religion itself, the organization that I accuse of child abuse.

I would hope that if I was going to err, I would err on the side of grace. However, when there is no question as to what I should do, I hope that I always do what I know in my heart is the right thing to do. And this time, I did it.

Of course, that does not mean that you and I must agree on this issue. As always, there is freedom to speak one's opinion here and I embrace that freedom and appreciate that it provides many different points of view.

• defective light
    defective light

sorry, but not impressed. gdt

Wow.....Spoken like a true member of a "dubclub".....I think your new light must be flickering....or you would not be here, Is there a budding apostate posting on this thread?.....just curious......

Dawn

You go Girl ! ROTFLMAO !

• garybuss
    garybuss

Dawn, you did err on the side of grace. Grace is not easily recognized by those who make a religion out of not practicing it. You helped expose a hate club that hides felonies. Keep up the good work. GaryB

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Dawn - Way to go!!!! Every little thing we do to protect children is GRACE!

Gdt - I am also glad you do not have first hand experience of child abuse. Do you mean to imply it doesn't happen because YOU haven't experienced it? So many of us have. So much documentation. Do you really think just keeping silent is the best course to take??? And you would call that grace????

It not only happened to me - it happened to several of my young friends - and much more severely to them. Its a terrifying thing to have happen and to see nothing happen to the perpetrators. I felt so powerless. I got confronted by an elder for holding hands with a JW boy who was my age. But nothing happened when I was fondled by a married elder 3x my age. Where is the grace?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    And what happened with the belief 'if you are going to err, err on the side of grace' ?? unjust and untrue and ................sorry, but not impressed. gdt

"But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more," the word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." -- Jer. 20:8

Sort of depends on which side of the fence one is sitting on, eh Geoff?

Good job Dawn It's about time a little light was shone on a very dark problem.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I try to do that at the doctors office they always have watchtowers and awake's there I dont' write that on their (good idea for future reference) but I do go through and underline certain things make notes (try to use as many scriptures as I can) I dont do it for the general public though I do it for the unwary duba who may pick the magazine up and start reading!

As too the molestation issue, I WAS abused I WAS made to feel it was my fault and I was told by several elders (INCLUDING MY OWN F*CKING FATHER) that this had to be handled "in house" so that JEHOVAH'S name wouldn't be subject to reproach in the community. Then the "offender" went on to molest at least 4 other people that I know of and NEVER got in trouble!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit