Human skeletons found in Flores dated back 18,000 years!

by badboy 16 Replies latest social current

• badboy
    badboy

They have found `fossils' of a new human species in Liang ??? cave.

Only1.5 metres in height, this is of the most exciting disveries to came from East aSIA.

I wonder what jws will make of this one?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

RE: "I wonder what jws will make of this one?"

Well, of course - they will say that the methods for 'dating' the age of the bones is inaccurate. They will then try to rationalize it with some pre-flood mumbo jumbo. Probably something along the lines of... "Cain's lineage" The usual JW-BS.

Personally, it does not surprise me too much that they are finding remains that date from this period of time. It makes sense.

I am just puzzled as to why they are not referring to them as 'Pygmies'. Instead they have some yuppie archeologist (or paleontologist) labelling them as 'Hobbits'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Just to say I was writing a post on the same topic when badboy posted his and ended up being a few minutes later... slightly different content, so I'll leave mine... no annoyance ment!

Jim_TX>> I am just puzzled as to why they are not referring to them as 'Pygmies'. Instead they have some yuppie archeologist (or paleontologist) labelling them as 'Hobbits'.

As I understand it, pygmies are a race of Homo sapiens but these little critters are a new species of humans - sort of like there are lots of species amongst the felines (lions, tigers, domestic cats...). They're not apes, but humans... but not Homo sapiens .

That's why it's such a big deal... Homo sapiens lived on earth at the same time as this species and there's the possibility that folk lore of 'little people' amongst some peoples may be oral history of this species similar to ourselves.

Homo erectus died off long before these guys and may or may not have interacted with Homo sapiens ... but these guys probably did.

Max

• badboy
    badboy

There is evidence of interaction between Homo Sapiens and Homo Erectus because of a study of Headlice, it appears that headlice are as old as Homo himself.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

It's probably just a pre-historic version of Lord of the Flies.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

They will say something like "Scientists don't consider what a global flood does to radiometric dating!"

It's pathetic how the WTS will criticize carbon dating when it doesn't serve their purpose (eg, the dating of bones > 6000 years old) but will support carbon dating when it interests them (eg, Shroud of Turin being only 1000 years old).

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I really liked reading Lord of the Flies in school but I don't think the remains were of children.

Blasted, facts have always killed very cool possible scenarios for me!!!!

Experts can be very close in determining the age of an individual with detailed observations of the skeleton. How many permanent teeth have erupted or not is one way to peg age roughly, as well as whether there's been bone fusion at the ends of long bones...which starts around 17-8 or thereabouts. Joint condition gives more of an idea of the harshness of life or health of the individual but also can have a bearing on age. So alas they were thirty something midgets like yours truly.

• undercover
    undercover
    I am just puzzled as to why they are not referring to them as 'Pygmies'. Instead they have some yuppie archeologist (or paleontologist) labelling them as 'Hobbits'.

Maybe they have big feet.

• badboy
    badboy

tHEY HAVE FOUND YET MORE SKELETONS!

• toby888
    toby888

That's nothing! The "Mungo Man" skeletons in Australia have been recently radiocarbon dated using C-14 AMS method ( Acceleration Mass Spectroscopy) to 42,000 years ago. Let's see an article in the Awake about that one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit