Old WT book values...

by Tuesday 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

As I mentioned....cough cough......try here for some ideas on prices etc.

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/tempsale.htm

Gumby

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

These prices are completely unrealistic, and that is the reason why he is offering the same books all the time. At eBay you get them for 10-20 %, at even then manby of them are not sold. If they are underlined, cracked or yellowed, you get a dollar or two. It is like with stamps, they need to be unmounted mint to get something. Strange thing, when you buy them you pay 100$, but when you try to sell them you get 10$. Catalogue value is one thing, market price a quarter or so of that. So the prices here are cut from some of the catalogues existing on WT literature, where books are listed at several hundred $, but sold for a fraction at eBay. The market is only so and so big, there is only a limited amount of collectors. Go ahead and try, but when you come sobbing back to AlanF, I guess he'll lower his bid to 45$ ....... AlanF and I have traded thru eBay, and he is a very straight and just guy.

• gumby
    gumby

Hippie.....golly gee wiz, I was only tryin to help!

I didn't know e-bay had much better prices......thanks for helping out. I thought big Al was just being a tight bastard

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit