A confrontation

by kwintestal 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ah, my heart goes out to you both.
    The "conscience" thang, is definitely the best way to go. If at all possible keep it out of the domain of the Elders, who will just make a pigs ear out of it and stop all contact dead.

You don't owe any explanations, nor can they boss you around. Enjoy your newfound liberty

• IT Support
    IT Support

Hi Kwin,

I feel for you and your wife, and what you're going through right now.

"Lies, Lies, Lies" "the UN is a tool of Satan and put it on their website"

I'm assuming from this that they're denying that WT ever joined the UN.

This is easily disprovable by this GB letter: http://www.randytv.com/secret/wtresponseun.htm.

This is the original Guardian article that caused the WT's knee jerk reaction: http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4277197,00.html.

There were also loads of threads here on JWD (e.g. this is Lady Lee's "Best of..." thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/76847/1.ashx).

Thinking of you.

Regards,

Ken

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thanks all for your support and advise. It really means a lot and I'll take it to heart.

We'll get through it. It will be interesting to see what happens with our relationship over the next couple of weeks.

My mom called yesterday (the day after the discussion), saying that she looked at the letter on th UN website, and noticed that on the letter it says: "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York", not " Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York INC.", saying that from a legal standpoint that could make a difference. Give me a break. Might hold some weight if it was in fact a legal document.

Thanks IT for the bits on the UN, I had most of it, just not the response from the GB. They said they were going to call the mothership themselves and ask. I haven't heard back yet.

Kwin

• blondie
    blondie
    They said they were going to call the mothership themselves and ask

Insightful term, Kwin.

I have 12-stepped some alcoholics, co-workers and families. This is what this reminds me of. Even if they concede the facts they may find it hard to accept.

I had my doubts and as the evidence built up I finally realized I couldn't stay any more and be true to myself. Rather than play their game we have just faded and become inactive. You never know what seeds of doubt you have planted and when their will take root. Took 10 years for me. I'm a slow learner.

Love, Blondie

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Awww (((((Kwin))))) So sorry to hear you and your wife are going through this. It really sucks that your family isn't able to have a discussion. Just like my mom...they press the 'play' button on one of their JW rants and viola - you are no longer talking to a human being. Sad thing.

Funny, I don't recall Jesus responding that way to people.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((Kwin))) yeah ... we know the feeling ...

but somehow I always think that once, things could be just like : WHAT ? Why didn't you tell me before (but well that's dreaming - cause they are in a special grave well locked - and they need more than to scratch the dirt to get out of it).

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I've never before seen my mother talk with so much hate in her voice and words.

When we were leaving my grandmother was just staring forward and crying.

It's hard to explain how I feel right now, but both Mrs. Kwin and myself know we made the right decision.

Darn, I feel real sad for you all. I can totally relate to the intense feelings this situation brings, my own mom cried her eyes up in from of me when I finally told her I know longer believed it was the truth, that was hard to deal with, the look of despair on her face I'll never forget. I didnt have to cope with how my gran felt since I was never allowed to see her again so she heard about my departure from the elders rather than me. I dont know what to say except stand your ground, cry it out if you have too or even sidetrack and just tell them you need a little space to think things through.

There is no easy way out of that organisation, thinking of ya

Brummie

(PS, 7 years later my 2nd generation JW mom left the religion, my gran died a faithful JW though, theres good and bad, keep your chin up and hope for the good)

• Corvin
    Corvin

Kwin,

the reaction you got from your family is a programmed one. I know it hurts.

I would focus on the reasons you told them in the first place.

Corvin

• avishai
    avishai
    My mom called yesterday (the day after the discussion), saying that she looked at the letter on th UN website, and noticed that on the letter it says: "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York", not " Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York INC.", saying that from a legal standpoint that could make a difference

How?

You may wish to let your mother know that the WTS is/controls several names/corporate entities.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thanks again everyone. You're all too kind.

Grandma called today and wants to meet with me tomorrow. Have to see what's up.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit