Privelage of driving the Field Service car

by Nosferatu 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I seem to recall when I was in dubland, I couldn't drive my car around in Field Service because I wasn't baptized. Was there any printed direction on this, or was it just a "said" dub policy?

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Yes, I remember this. I think it was that you just weren't spiritual enough if you weren't baptized. It was more of an unwritten rule, at least I don't remember any magazine or publication stating this.

Also, all of the two-door car owners were frowned upon. My dad made sure he had the top of the line mini-vans to impress the elders on how serviceable he was. Of course the elders always had cadillacs.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

This brought something to mind I thought I'd long forgot about.

Back when I was a faithful dub out in service the congregation I used to go to had this black CO. Well, when it came time to go out in service, he'd always ask to see the drivers license of whoever was driving his wife around for the day.

At the time, I thought he was just being careful, but, in hindsight, now it seems rather stupid.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

our hall they just asked who was driving that day and several would raise their hands and that was it.. car groups were divided amongst them.

• blondie
    blondie

They let one baptized brother drive...without auto insurance. Imagine regularly driving people around but not having the means to pay for their injuries if you were in an accident!!!!

He was too cheap to spend the money. After that was widely known, few would ride with him.

Nos, that was a strange rule. But I'm not surprised.

In one circuit, the rank and file with nice cars wouldn't use them in service. They preferred that the pioneers take their cars out since they were not very nice to start with. No gas money either....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Nos, that was a strange rule. But I'm not surprised.

It was strange, since nobody objected to me giving them a ride to the meetings.

• minimus
    minimus

Why can't we spell privilege?.........And no, it doesn't have a "d" in it......I never thought of driving the car as a "privilege" but I love the idea that it is!

• undercover
    undercover
    our hall they just asked who was driving that day and several would raise their hands and that was it.. car groups were divided amongst them.

I remember when a CO came through and of course 3/4 of the hall showed up for service; he wouldn't let anyone sit on the left (his left) side of the hall. When it came time to make the car groups he said for whoever was driving to move to the left. After the drivers moved to the left side of the hall, the CO then said to the rest....go pick a driver to sit with and that's your group.
    From then on...for the larger Saturday group meetings...that's how car groups were divided.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Why can't we spell privilege?

Who the fvvv cares? I never had that privelage!

• minimus
    minimus

What's fvvv supposed to spell?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit