"Lord, did we not prophecy in your name"

by fairy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

my husband and i were talking about how if you stop going to the meetings and then the end comes that they tell you that it would be those ones that would say "lord did we not prophecy in your name etc etc"......

well, he suggested that it would also apply to those who were going to the meetings and maybe sinning a little on the side........so when the end comes, maybe it is those ones that will say "lord did we not prophecy in your name"

• under74
    under74

Wait--am I misunderstanding what you've posted here? Are you saying there is a secret password at armageddon? or are you saying something else?

• Corvin
    Corvin
    well, he suggested that it would also apply to those who were going to the meetings and maybe sinning a little on the side

I really believe it must certainly apply to the governing body and what they will no doubt say when Jesus comes with his spiritual ten-key to settle accouts with his "slaves".

And under74, like all hard-to-get-into programs, the new system is password protected.

Corvin

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

As a side note, this text shows that the "early Christians" were already condemning each other before the New Testament was completed.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think that this refers to groups who claim they are inspired by God, tell others they are inspired by God, and take actions claiming that they are God's will.

God wants nothing to do with these ones because they fabricate their truth and claim it to be God's. Therefore they are condemned by God, who wants nothing to do with them.

Kwin

• Undecided
    Undecided

I would say,"Hell yea I prophesied in your name because those geeks you made the faithful and discrete salve made me do it. I don't do it anymore.

Ken P.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

can see the writing commitee's lawyers facing Jehovah..

"but Jehovah, my client didnt SAY for sure the end would come in (insert all the years here)they just inferred it MIGHT come then.. and if ever they DID say it would for sure we had our client go back and correct themselves with vague legalese language on the CD"s."

• Jez
    Jez

Please give the scripture that you are quoting. I have something to add but want to read the whole account first.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? In the same way, every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will know them by their fruits.
    "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?' Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.' "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell--and great was its fall!"

Matthew 7:15ff, NRSV

• Jez
    Jez

Thank you for quoting that scripture.

For years it has been in my heart and head that this scripture could apply to any religion, incl JW. I always always hated how bros and sis would almost rub their hands together and giggle with glee at the thought of this scripture being applied to churches or all other religions other than JW's. When I was a JW, it would sicken me to hear ppl quote this scripture and so assured that it did not apply to them. I used to look around and wonder how anyone could delight in the destruction of another human being. JW's are hungry for the destruction of billions.

This scripture applies just as much to individual JW as it does to any other individual in any other religion, if not more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit