What's being done in Sudan?

by Preston 20 Replies latest social current

• Preston
    Preston

By my question, I mean, "What has any country, any group, or any individual" really done in Sudan, not strictly from an Interventionist stadpoint per se. I just don't see countries besides the US take any concern as to what's happening. Does anyone really care?

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

A number of countries have been sending emergency food and medicine. Diplomatic efforts are also being made through a number of countries to resolve the humanitarian issue there.

• glitter
    glitter

Why is no-one (exept Colin Powell I think) calling it genocide? Is it just because then they'd have to actually then get off their arses and go and defend them?!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Isn't that where muslim blacks are killing christian blacks? What are the christian god and jesus christ doing to help their people? Maybe they should be the first to get up off their arses.

S

• glitter
    glitter

Maybe they should be the first to get up off their arses.

Except the little fact that they don't exist and governments do.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mbiki has stated that they are tired of having outsiders interfere/telling them what to do. They do genocide a lot. Maybe that is their way. It seems that no other african govts care. Why should western countries do anything?

Many western orgs have done lots of work to help over there. It doesn't work.

S

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Why should western countries do anything?

At least you are consistently non-interventionist... let evil rule!

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - was that Burke? Anyway, it's happening right now in the Sudan... I doubt the US has the political will to do much more than they already are. I mean, even when our national welfare is at stake, the "anti-war" movement is loud and fashionable. Let alone a country full of black people that has no resources that we currently need - the statement "there is nothing in the Sudan worth a single American life" would be headlined in every editorial page run by the old KGB infiltrated "peace" movement.

HA! So much for your "higher" morality. Of course, the "hard line" wouldn't work, according to pacifists and cowards and the lazy. Nope, economic sanctions that kill kids, a few cruise missile strikes, and strong words at the U.N. will do the trick.

"genocide is their way?????" I have never heard such racist idiocy actually uttered in anything remotely close to seriousness. I sincerely hope you were kidding. I mean, why should the FBI have interfered in the South's "way" of the KKK? Or Lincoln have freed the slaves? Or given the vote to women?

Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

CZAR

• Satanus
    Satanus

Czar

Of course many tribes are not so violent. But quite a few are. People have a large influence in how the society they are in operates. If you think that you need to carry that responsibility for them, well fine. Am i racist because i refuse to?

The usa would be the bad guy no matter what it would try in sudan. Why are not other more progressive, more enlightened african countries doing something? Hey, isn't koffi anan from africa? Is rev jesse jackson too busy?

I mean, why should the FBI have interfered in the South's "way" of the KKK? Or Lincoln have freed the slaves? Or given the vote to women?

The usa worked on it's own problems. That's what i mean. They built their own country to be the way that they want it.

S

• Realist
    Realist

czar,

I mean, even when our national welfare is at stake, the "anti-war" movement is loud and fashionable.

if you still think iraq was a threat then you expose yourself as a zelous nutcase who has replaced the JW nonsense with right wing ideology and the 1974 prophesy with hussein's WMDs.

the fact that the US gives a flying shit about Sudan shows - once again - how little human rights, freedom, democracy and the other empty phrases spouted out by you and your neo-con gods really count.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Isn't that where muslim blacks are killing christian blacks? What are the christian god and jesus christ doing to help their people? Maybe they should be the first to get up off their arses.

Remember Bosnia-Herzegovina?

That war was about christian against muslim too -- mercifully, other nations finally intervened in that genocide.

They do genocide a lot. Maybe that is their way.

Obviously, the Sudanese don't hold the market on genocide (see: Bosnia-Herzegovina)

It seems that no other african govts care.

Really? None at all? AU to Send More Troops, Civilian Police to Darfur

Why should western countries do anything?

Maybe because someone, somewhere might think it's the right thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit