Whats the one thing that will make you cheat?

by Stefanie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Stephanie :FBF Do you have that alone? Or on chips?

With anything ... that's was only a part of the cheating in fact (thanks for the reminder) Stephanie !!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

LASAGNA!!!

DY

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Stephanie, I just noted that you are in Tejas.

My introduction to mexican food was when we lived there in '58-60 (I was 2-4 yo) in ElPaso 5 blocks from the border. We moved there from Portland because of my mon's health. We moved back again because she just couldnt stand El Paso. Mexican housekeeper taughter her how to make awesome shredded beef enchiladas and baked tacos. Drooling as we speak.

My adult trips to Mejico have further trained my tastebuds to an marvelous range of food from quality tortillas, corn and flour, and street vendor tacos, to excellent euro-style dinning. There is a Denny's like chain called Panama's that actually serves very good mexican food and (what superlative do I use now) wonderful desserts. However my favorite mexican dish is coastal, camarones al mojo de ajo (large shrimp sauted in butter with garlic).

Best place? A tiny village in Jalisco named Tehuamixtle South of Puerto Vallarta, and around Cabo Corientes (25 miles of mexican highway + 25 miles of mexican dirt road to get there but worth every bite!). 2 dozen larger-than-thumb-sized shrimp, buttered rice and a salad for ... $65 pesos ($6.50 US)

Then there's chocolate..... but I think I covered that in my previous post.

Hugs

Brenda

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Yup, in Houston though i grew up in Corpus Christ...

I can make cheese, beef, and chicken enchiladas.. Rice, beans, and tortillas. Quesidialls, (SP) guacamole.. Crunchy and soft tacos. Carne Guisada. Fideo... Could go on.....

*sigh* And I am having a bunless burger tonight!

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

Hello...food. period. it's too good!

• Carmel
    Carmel

fresh hot home made bread with butter and honey...mmmmm or peach cobbler with vanila ice cream

carmel heading for the pantry

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    fresh hot home made bread with butter and honey...mmmmm or peach cobbler with vanila ice cream

carmel heading for the pantry

Carmel, I'm headed for YOUR pantry! (Got any chocolate, too?) Bren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit