Oct 15th WT View of The Third Heaven--What a Scream!

by Mary 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shotgun
    shotgun

Damn you elsewhere and your negative remarks, can't you see it was Jehovers Holy Spear-it which guided the WT writers when they changed their stand....nice post btw.

I think Paul ate a few bad mushrooms on the road to Gallilee...more than once!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I sometimes wondered what Paul would have done had he been given a vision of the historical consequences of his teachings...

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

It's so incredibly galling how they make EVERYTHING in the universe, including God, the prophets, the bible etc. etc. Revolves around THEM!! Apparently the witnesses are the center of the universe.

BW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Paul was a good dreamer! So was John, when given his revelation under the stresses of prison

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Paul was a good dreamer! So was John, when given his revelation under the stresses of prison

Naaa... they had "visions" like that when they smoked some bad sht.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Could someone please send me (or post here) a SCAN of the OCT 15 watchtower?

I would like to add a new section about "Third Heaven" to the quotes website.

My email address is available here: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/admin-contact-us.htm.

Thanks,

~Quotes, of the "Archival" class

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Mary,

Now that you know that the Watchtower does not have a clue as to what this third heaven is why not try and reason it out for yourself?

Heaven is simply another Jewish way to express government or higher authority here on earth. So could not the first heaven be the Law Covenant which served as a means of salvation for thousands of years? The second heaven therefore would be the New Covenant and salvation by means of the blood of Christ under which we now function. The Third Heaven would be the promised Kingdom of Christ and judgement day in which all resurrected mankind will live. That Paul was not authorized to describe what he saw or heard in this third heaven should come as no surprise. This was left for the apostle John to symbolically describe later.

Joseph

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Joseph, better answer. Makes more sense

• sandy
    sandy

On Sunday I am going to ask my family: "Will you be making it to the "third heaven" this afternoon?"

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Heaven is simply another Jewish way to express government or higher authority here on earth. So could not the first heaven be the Law Covenant which served as a means of salvation for thousands of years? The second heaven therefore would be the New Covenant and salvation by means of the blood of Christ under which we now function. The Third Heaven would be the promised Kingdom of Christ and judgement day in which all resurrected mankind will live. That Paul was not authorized to describe what he saw or heard in this third heaven should come as no surprise. This was left for the apostle John to symbolically describe later.

The problem with this interpretation as with the WT's is that we do know how the "multiple heavens" (whether there were 3, 5 or 7 heavens) worked in the 1st-century Jewish imaginary. And it's not a spatial representation of successive ages, not to mention "governments". See Leolaia's post above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit