Top five films seen this year...

by Brummie 47 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    the woman is brushing his hair was (at least to me) clearly dubbed in. The light shading on her was different than on Bush, as was the picture.

Yes, it was done by the same people who doctored the Lee Harvey Oswald photo where he is holding the rifle.

Cumahhhhnn, do you really believe that Moore hired Pixar or whoever to splice in a hairdresser? Did he monkey around with the video of Paul Wolfowitz so that it only looked like he licked his comb to fix his hair?

Stranger things are seen on network feeds. There was even a film a few years back that composited several of these together, showing these "sincere" "folksy" politicians looking blank and glassy eyed up to the second that the red light goes on.

Bush's problem (Sr as well as Jr.) is that they have this perpetual smirk on their faces that just makes a lot of people want to punch their lights out. Like Pat Buchanan said, quoting Mark Twain, "The look of a contented Christian holding 4 aces." Seeing Shrub rolling his eyes around all cutesy poo in that segment was a lot goofier looking than seeing the hairdresser trying to straighten his cowlick. (And, no, Englishman, a cowlick is not a "naughty bit"!)

• Special K
    Special K

I have one of my teenage sons here listing off his 5 tops for this past year.

So from him:

1. Resident Evil

2. I Robot

3. Chronicles of Riddick

4. Van Hesling

5. Hell Boy

• betty boop
    betty boop

city of god

maria full of grace

spiderman 2

euro-trip (hilarious)

shall we dance

• amac
    amac

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Napolean Dynamite

Shaun of the Dead

Garden State

Motorcycle Diaries

• betty boop
    betty boop

oh yes i forgot about motorcycle diaries..thanx amac!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I've been falling behind a little bit, so my stuff is a little older:

- Donnie Darko

- Fight Club

- Eternal Sunshine

- Sixth Sense

Sorry, that's it. I've seen more movies in the past year, but can't think of any that were good. Starsky and Hutch had a couple of hillarious scenes, interspersed with a wasteland.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Geez I gotta get out more

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Cumahhhhnn, do you really believe that Moore hired Pixar or whoever to splice in a hairdresser?

Pixar? No. But it appeared to me as if the hairdresser was spliced in. The picture looked odd, at least to me.

Did he monkey around with the video of Paul Wolfowitz so that it only looked like he licked his comb to fix his hair?

No.

Compositing someone brushing a man's hair would be a hella difficult thing for Speilberg to do even semi-effectively, no less Michael Moore. Besides, what would be the point, even if you could do it?

I don't know. Just speculating, but perhaps he wanted to create a snap-shot emotional reaction such as derision. Or perhaps it was his way to poke fun. And no, I don't think it would be that difficult to do. I don't recall seeing Bush's hair move when she was brushing it.

I have no proof, I just saw what I saw, and that perception affected my opinion of his film. That's all. No conspiracies, just my opinion of a scene in a film.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

1. Butterfly Effect

2. Girl Next Door

3. Rounders

4.Underworld

5. Harry Potter

Kansas District Overbeer

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

In no particular order:

Kill Bill, Vols. 1 and 2 (awesome fight scenes!)

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (hard to find, but worth it)

The Cooler (wherein William H. Macy somehow morphs into a sexy man)

Kiss the Sky (William Petersen nekkid)

Eve's Bayou

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit