JW Woman Missing in New Zealand, Car Found, Cellphone Not Used

by blondie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    She was reported missing by her boyfriend, Martin Coogan, last Thursday when she did not pick him up from Auckland Airport after he returned from a business trip.
    Mr Coogan said last night that he spoke to Ms Aphiromlerk while he was away in the United States with his son. They had arranged that she would pick them up on their return.
    He said it "rang alarm bells immediately" when she didn't show up. "I was very surprised when she wasn't there."
    He remained hopeful police would find her.
    Church elder Kieun Kim said Ms Aphiromlerk was a friendly and outgoing person.
    She kept her business life separate from her church involvement.
    Church associates did not know she had a boyfriend and thought the man she was supposed to meet at the airport was her lawyer.

Hmmmm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3602626&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Busted! She was seeing a "worldly" man and having to lie to the JWs to keep them from fussing at her.

Ok, lets see here... he is conveniently out of the country when she suddenly disappears. Sounds like too perfect of an alibi.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Ok, lets see here... he is conveniently out of the country when she suddenly disappears. Sounds like too perfect of an alibi.

It sounds slightly more serious than that. It's being treated very seriously by the police - they've established a hotline with her name on it.

Here's an interesting question: Given that she'd probably be disfellowshipped if she turns up alive, if she's found murdered, is she likely to receive a proper JW funeral?

• Simon
    Simon

Let's just hope that she turns up safe and well for her, and her family's sake eh? No need to make it an 'issue'.

Our beef is with the WTS. Lets leave the heartless judgementalism to them ...

• Teela
    Teela

I live in New Zealand and they interviewed the boyfriend on TV when he mentioned her big 50th birthday party coming up this weekend. I hope she is okay but the press have really landed her in it. Strange that it was the "worldy" boyfriend that reported her missing and not the witness's ?

• Quotes
    Quotes

========================
    Strange that it was the "worldy" boyfriend that reported her missing and not the witness's ?
    =======================

Hey, come now, they would have noticed she was missing at the end of the month when she didn't turn in her Field Service Report (tm).

~Quotes, of the "noticed" class

• blondie
    blondie

I hope she shows up alive and well too though I think she will be having some 'splaining to do.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

She was found dead in the river wrapped in a yellow duvet. I wonder in the 80 calls she made on the day she disappeared have anything to do with the person responsible. Her poor fiancee.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3603206&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

Friday October 22, 2004

Darunee Aphiromlerk

Missing Darunee's body found in river

22.10.2004 - 2.20pm - By LOUISA CLEAVE

UPDATE - Missing woman Darunee Aphiromlerk's body has been found in the Waikato River.

The body of the 49-year-old property trader was wrapped in a mustard coloured duvet when it was discovered by an eel fisherman near Mercer yesterday.

Police have now launched a homicide inquiry.

The duvet cover is believed to have been taken from her home in Manurewa, South Auckland.

Detective Senior Sergeant Gary Lendrum said a post-mortem examination had been conducted but he would not discuss the cause of death.

He said while the body had not been formally identified, police were 90 per cent sure it was Ms Aphiromlerk.

It was believed to have been in the river for some time, and if fingerprints or dental records could not identify the body, DNA may have to be used.

She was last seen by a friend she lunched with after a Jehovah's Witness church meeting on October 3.

Ms Aphiromlerk told her friend she was going to work on a rental property in Papatoetoe.

Police said she bought petrol at a Papatoetoe service station in the afternoon.

Her dark-navy BMW was this week found abandoned in Epsom. It had been sitting in Queen Mary Ave over the weekend and showed no signs of damage or tampering.

Ms Aphiromlerk's partner, Martin Coogan, yesterday told how he found her home unlocked, a back window open and fruit rotting in the kitchen.

Police were alerted to Ms Aphiromlerk's disappearance last Thursday. She failed to meet Mr Coogan at Auckland Airport on October 12 and he rang police after finding her house empty.

- Additional reporting NZPA

©Copyright 2004, NZ Herald
  • sf
    sf

Hmmm, it is interesting what I found doing a search on this woman:

exjws
    ... aphiromlerk, darunee, d_aphiromlerk@ hotmail com. NZ, auckland, 93, all ok. Appel,
    Gavern, [email protected], Aquilino, Mike, [email protected], Maryland, Bowie ...
    www.randytv.com/wtnews/database.html - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

People Search Results for 'People'
    ... I'm darunee aphiromlerk I'ma 49 years old female from Bangkok ,Thailand My ICQ number
    is 118852546 I am Single I am interested in Internet (Please Specify), I ...
    people.icq.com/whitepages/search_results?int=117& keyword=People&Photo=1&search_type=interest - 101k - Cached - Similar pages :

- About darunee aphiromlerk :

http://www.icq.com/whitepages/search_result.php?search_type=uin&to=%25U&uin=118852546

Single (but has a boyfriend) and listed on an EX jw site (yet goes missing after lunch that followed a meeting...and the elder talks as if she is a member in good standing...and her icq profile states she is in fact a jw)?

Something isn't right here.

sKally

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Single (but has a boyfriend) and listed on an EX jw site (yet goes missing after lunch that followed a meeting...and the elder talks as if she is a member in good standing...and her icq profile states she is in fact a jw)?

Something isn't right here.

Just sounds to me like she managed to fade without getting any trouble over it.

R.I.P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit