The WTBTS Lies On Their Website

by Corvin 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Corvin
    Corvin

The following is taken from the WTBTS's official website: http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/society.htm

Relationship to Society

Jehovah's Witnesses are found at all levels of society, and they do not physically separate themselves from those who do not share their beliefs. They live, work, and go to school with people of different religious beliefs, and they enjoy cordial relationships with them. Jehovah's Witnesses follow Jesus' example of being "no part of the world" by avoiding the unchristian prejudices and controversies that divide mankind today. Although not ascetics, they avoid being excessive in the pursuit of wealth, pleasure, or prominence.?John 17:15, 16; 1 John 2:15, 16.

Anyone care to rip this one apart?

Quotes, you could have a ball with this one!

Corvin

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I guess they have to resort to some false advertising since thier getting bad press. One thing I always found curious is that many JWs I knew would lie to people about what they believed or practiced; as though they were ashamed or embarassed of it. I guess this is a case of the Watchtower now doing it. I guess this means they too are now embarassed or ashamed of thier beliefs.

• shotgun
    shotgun

two for start

w01 8/15 p. 19 Abraham?An Example of Faith ***

All the while, they avoided getting too close to their pagan neighbors. Christians today must likewise remain "no part of the world." (John 17:16) While we are kind and courteous to our neighbors and work associates, we are careful not to get entangled in behavior that reflects the spirit of the world alienated from God.?Ephesians 2:2, 3.

w01 11/15 p. 19 Jehovah Is Our Refuge ***

Anointed Christians are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. (1 Peter 2:11) ?Not even a plague draws near their tent.? Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion, and worship of "the wild beast" and its "image," the United Nations.?Revelation 9:20, 21; 13:1-18; John 17:16.

Except when you need a library card

• Corvin
    Corvin
    I guess this is a case of the Watchtower now doing it. I guess this means they too are now embarassed or ashamed of thier beliefs.

Most of here agree that the WTBTS is one of the biggest printing and publishing companies on the face of the earth. Their sales reps are the rank and file dubs knocking on doors.

The number rule in direct sales is: Stress the posative and downplay the negative. I think this lie is a good example of these sales tactics.

OK, so we know what the website is saying, and it an obvious lie. What has the publications and public talks actually told us about association with the world? What is the real truth?

LOL, shotgun, you beat 'em to it!

14 Anointed Christians are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. (1 Peter 2:11) ?Not even a plague draws near their tent.? Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion, and worship of "the wild beast" and its "image," the United Nations.?Revelation 9:20, 21; 13:1-18;

John 17:16.Except when you need a library card

Corvin

• kls
    kls

Corvin you should let the WT know that they have a misprint and show them the right print from their own publications. We wouldn't want the WT to think they are lying.HEE, HEE

• avengers
    avengers

The following is taken from the WTBTS's official website: http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/society.htm

Relationship to Society

Jehovah's Witnesses are found at all levels of society, and they do not physically separate themselves from those who do not share their beliefs. They live, work, and go to school with people of different religious beliefs, and they enjoy cordial relationships with them. Jehovah's Witnesses follow Jesus' example of being "no part of the world" by avoiding the unchristian prejudices and controversies that divide mankind today. Although not ascetics, they avoid being excessive in the pursuit of wealth, pleasure, or prominence.?John 17:15, 16; 1 John 2:15, 16.

Anyone care to rip this one apart?

Paragraph 13

Regarding harmful associations, the psalmist David states: "I have not sat with men of untruth; and with those who hide what they are I do not come in." (Psalm 26:4)

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT ALWAYS LIES

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Although not ascetics

Wouldn't refusing to go to university to "preach", selling all your belongings because "the end is near", or refusing blood qualify as being ascetic?

Kwin

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

They are just carrying on with traditional methods.......

Micah 6:12
    Her rich men are violent; her people are liars and their tongues speak deceitfully.

John 8:44
    You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 Timothy 1 9 We also know that law [1] is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

1 Timothy 4 1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

John 4:20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

All of the people here that have actually lived the JW experience know darn well that they DO separate themselves! They make it a point, meeting after excruciating meeting, to keep emphasizing about how we should be separate.

Just last night the speaker mentioned how we shouldn't seek any form of entertainment with people of the 'world', not even going out to eat with them or any type of social activity if we can at all avoid it. And they say they don't separate themselves???!!! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!

IDIOTS!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit