Wild Turkey or Jim Beam?

by under74 21 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

I think I'm partial to Wild Turkey but I do like Jim Beam (Black Label). I used to like Jack Daniels but they've lowered the proof so I refuse to buy it now. One of my friends is convinced they both taste like piss...I don't quite understand that...I mean they both do what they're supposed and they don't taste bad to me....any preferences out there?

• Englishman
    Englishman

A Texan friend bought me a bottle of the mega-strong Wild Turkey once.

WoW!

I prefer Jack Daniels to Jim Beam. 'Course we're talking Bourbon here as opposed to whisky. My favourite cheap whisky blend is Famous grouse, my number 1 single malt preference is Robbie Dhu.

Englishman.

• under74
    under74

well it's just you and me EM...everybody else here is a tea-toter I guess....Hey, what exactly is the difference between bourbon and whiskey?

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

Makers Mark.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Jim Beam. Moreso, Old Grandad.

• undercover
    undercover

Gentleman Jack

Woodford Reserve

• catchthis
    catchthis

I'm not a huge Whiskey fan, but there is one that I absolutely love when I feel like springing $60-70 for it.

Jameson 18Y Master. I love this one for the toffee and vanilla, for both nose and taste.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was this about US whiskey?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

ONLY Jim Beam for thee.

And the Red Sox.

Some ginger ale too.

and ice.

my comforter.

Jim Beam

The Red Sox.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Hey, I have been to the "Maker's Mark" distillery....awesome tour, but no free sampling......

I prefer whiskey to bourbon...and Canadian whiskey's....Crown Royal is my favorite.

But as far as Bourbon goes....if I am your guest I will drink almost any bourbon with much graciousness.

Geez, thanks a lot for starting this thread....It is only 1:45 pm and I am wanting a cocktail.....

What's a girl to do???????

CodeBlue

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

Crown Royal. Maker's Mark. helps the heart medicine go down easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit