"Evil slave" vs. "Apostate" Which is the WTS favorite word?

by booker-t 5 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's before I moved out on my own All you would hear was so and so is of the "evil slave" class. When I left the JW's in the late 80's and formally DA'ed myself in the early 90's my mom told me I was with the "evil slave" class. Now the WTS uses the word "Apostate" I was wondering why did the JW's change their hate word? Is the word "apostate" more demeaning then calling someone of the evil class? Is it better to use because it is easier on the tongue? Basically they mean the same thing to the JW's but I was wondering why they love to call ex-jws "apostates" instead of "evil slave"? It took me years to get over that feeling that I was of the "evil slave class" now I am an "apostate" according to my family. You just can't win with them. What are your thoughts on this subject posters.

• Mary
    Mary
    When I left the JW's in the late 80's and formally DA'ed myself in the early 90's my mom told me I was with the "evil slave" class. Now the WTS uses the word "Apostate" I was wondering why did the JW's change their hate word? Is the word "apostate" more demeaning then calling someone of the evil class?

Booker, your ma got it wrong!! According to Borg Theology, the Evil Slave Class are those who used to be part of the 144,000 and then who wised up to the religion and got the hell out said "my master is delaying" and started "beating his former brothers". Most of these left after the Big A didn't come in 1914 like they were promised although there have been others throughout the years who, for one reason or another quit the Borganization. I'm not sure if Ray Franz used to take the emblems at the Memorial or not. Anyone know the answer to that? If he did, then he would have been considered part of the Annointed and would now be considered part of the Evil Slave Class. If he never partook of the emblems, he'd just be considered an Apostate now.

Between the two, it's probably worse in a Dub's eyes to be part of the Evil Slave Class as opposed to an Apostate. To them, you've given up the chance to be part of the Bride of Christ and you may as well change your name to Judas Iscariot. You don't hear too much about anyone being part of the ES Class anymore, because most of those that partake must be like 90 years old and if they were gonna leave, they would have done so before now. An apostate can cause alot more damage to the Organization though, simply because there's alot more, they're all younger, have access to the internet and aren't afraid of "Mother" anymore.

So unless you used to partake, yer just a plain old apostate---not part of the ES Class.......aren't you relieved??

• blondie
    blondie

According to the WTS, the evil slave are the anointed who left when they were still Bible Students and kept that name.

From the Bible Students viewpoint, the WTS are the evil slave class.

Blondie

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

As usual Blondie is spot on with her answer.

It has been a very long time since I have come across any explanation of who the eveil slave is in the Watchtower. But then again the WTB&TS explanation of who the faithful slave is is full of holes anyway.

• minimus
    minimus

The evil slave's all dead (after 100 yrs.) Apostate is in now!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Lately, because of all their losses in members, 'Apostate/Apostacy' seem to be buzz words in the WTBTS language.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit