Anyone in Northern California?

by TweetieBird 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I live in Sonoma County, just north of San Francisco.

• gumby
    gumby

Rekless and athanasius....I have family in the sonoma/clearlake area.

You both probably remember Harry Snow, a CO in the sonoma area. He's deceased now and most of his sisters cept for 3 of them. Also the Pashai's live in that area.

Gumby

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Gumby,

Yes, I remember Harry Snow. He was our Circuit Servant 1965-1968. Then we got Jim Durell, who I think is now in the Sacramento area. Durell had the stop watch counting the time til 1975. At the end of the Service Meeting he would say for example: "Brothers its only 62 months, 12 days and 3 hours until 1975." Durell left us in 1970 so we missed seeing him eat crow.

• avishai
    avishai

Paradise. Paradise, Ca, that is.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

I thought where i live was considered North, but most of you are quite a bit farther up than i am. Im in Los Gatos, South of San Francisco. Its pretty here
    not quite as nice as when you go further up though.

• gumby
    gumby
    Durell had the stop watch counting the time til 1975. At the end of the Service Meeting he would say for example: "Brothers its only 62 months, 12 days and 3 hours until 1975."

LOL !

I remember the same scenario in my congregation with a CO named Bro. Neil. He too did the watch counting till 75 thing, then another bozo elder followed his pattern for the next 3 months or so and did the countdown whenever his service metting part could accomodate it.

Harry was a great man and wasn't the typical PO.....of course I guess I'm a bit partial.

"Amazing" will agree with me.

Gumby

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I'm in Sunnyvale! Close to Monkeyprincess...cool!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Hi,

I represent the Chico Aposto-Guerilla faction of Northern CA.

-BONEZZ

• gumby
    gumby

Bonezz,

Were like......neighbors.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit