Ominous sign

by teejay 12 Replies latest social current

• foreword
    foreword

Tee Jay,

First I thought the comment on hundreds was part of the source you quoted, my comments were in no way an attack on you or your comments to ridicule them. I've heard these numbers before and always thought they were low.

I live in North America, and always thought that we were not protecting ourselves enough here. To take the most part of the military halfway across the globe is in my opinion a bad decision. They should be here making sure nothing happens. I feel like a sitting duck....

Take care....good comments

Marc

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    That is a source of dark humor for me and my friends. Any time something bad happens anywhere in the world, we say to one another: "Al Qaeda!!" A bomb blows up? "Al Qaeda!!" There's a "natural" disaster? "Al Qaeda!!" There's a housefire? "Al Qaeda!!"

LOL - Great minds... except I take it to the mundane. When I burned my popcorn the other day, I blamed it on Zarqawi. Dark humor sustains. Laugh till you cry, cry till you pray.

They think along similar lines about Zarqawi in Baghdad. This is excerpted from an Iraqi blog.

One wonders who is behind the explosions and the car bombs. Bin Laden? Zarqawi? Possibly... but it's just too easy. It's too perfect. Bin Laden hit the WTC and Afghanistan was attacked. Iraq was occupied. At first, any explosion or attack on troops was quickly blamed on "loyalists" and "Baathists" and EVERYTHING was being coordinated by Saddam. As soon as he was caught, it became the work of "Islamic extremists" and Al-Qaida and Zarqawi suddenly made his debut. One wonders who it will be after it is discovered that Zarqawi has been dead for several months or that he never even existed. Whoever it is, you can bet his name will three syllables or less because that is Bush's limit.

A week ago, four men were caught by Iraqi security in the area of A'adhamiya in Baghdad. No one covered this on television or on the internet, as far as I know- we heard it from a friend involved in the whole thing. The four men were caught trying to set up some explosives in a residential area by some of the residents themselves. One of the four men got away, one of them was killed on the spot and two were detained and interrogated. They turned out to be a part of Badir's Brigade (Faylaq Badir), the militia belonging to the Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq. Should the culprits never have been caught, and should the explosives have gone off, would Zarqawi have been blamed? Of course.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    The only way this effort could ever have been done successfully is with a complete, methodical, disarming of every square kilometer of the entire country. Catastrophic success indeed.

Yep- and America's military doctirne is still caught in a warp of trench warfare and open- country blitzkreig. The whole Light Cav concept and tactics are great for racing across Europe for example. They suck for clearing towns of guerilla type hostiles.

The war in Iraq means house to house tactics. Troops are used as SWAT teams. Problem is that your local police SWAT knows were the bad guy is, the just have to get him out. Our ground troops don't know were the bad guys are. We have to draw fire by exposing men... then go drag out the shooters if they dont slip away.

Seems like the US would have learned this in WW2 and Vietnam. Tactics have to match the terrain and the mindset of the hostiles in the area....

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit