Opening flowers in Jehovah's Paradise

by Pole 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pole
    Pole
    "A man in West Bengal who refused to provide a blood transfusion to his critically ill daughter because his religion forbade it has been arrested."
    "Jehovah?s Witnesses view life as God?s gift represented by blood. They believe in the Bible?s command that Christians must ?abstain from blood (Acts 15:28, 29). Hence, if a physician violated such patients? deep and long-held religious convictions, the result could be tragic.?

The above quotes come from an article posted on Gopher's thread. (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/79277/1.ashx)

The one below is from the WT mag:

*** w88 9/15 p. 3 Do All Good People Go to Heaven? ***

THE death of a child is probably the most traumatic experience parents can have. ?Where is our child now?? they wonder. ?In heaven or some other place?? Most religions teach that babies who die go to heaven. In Johannesburg, South Africa, the epitaph on one tombstone reads: ?God wanted an opening flower, his angel took one of ours.? But one may wonder: ?Why should God want ?an opening flower? when, according to popular belief, he already has so many?? And countless people wonder "What Is Heaven Like?"

I find the Watchtower quote very hypocritical and contradictory with their other doctrines. They slam religions for saying that God wants children to die. At the same time they say it's perfectly in line with Jehovah's will to refuse to save your child's life in some situations and that Jehovah wants children to live in Paradise so much that he can take them away from their parents if necessary.

Just a sad reflection.

Pole

• kls
    kls

They lie and then murder their own people and they call us evil.

• Flash
    Flash

For what ever reason, Jehovah views blood as Holy and put it 'off limits' to mankind. How far advanced medicaly might we now be and how many lives might have been saved if humanity respected God's wishes all along?? Who is really to blame for these deaths, God or Humanity?

• Pole
    Pole

Flash,

For what ever reason, Jehovah views blood as Holy and put it 'off limits' to mankind.

The very fact that you said "whatever the reason" shows that you're using unverifiable metaphysics. Sabbath, animal sacrifices, holidays - they're all religious metaphysics. Just check out how frequently the numbers 7 or 12 occur in the Bible. Does God really like those numbers more than other? Or is it just human invented metaphysics? The same applies to the "holiness" of blood. BTW, which factions of blood does Jehovah consider "holy"?

How far advanced medicaly might we now be and how many lives might have been saved if humanity respected God's wishes all along?

Here we go with even more metaphysics. I'm getting scared...

Who is really to blame for these deaths, God or Humanity?

This thread is about brainwashed parents who choose phoney metaphysics over the lives of their child. Thank you for demonstrating the kind of reasoning they fell pray to.

Yes, for whatever reason, Jehovah needs opening flowers in his Paradise. Just as he wanted Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. Wait, didn't he change his mind?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Pole,

I'm glad to see you've identified yet another of the many inconsistencies in the WTS' teachings. I'm not so sure about the validity of this though:

Jehovah wants children to live in Paradise so much that he can take them away from their parents if necessary

You see, the Borg teaches that you have to earn a place on the paradise earth, so it's not a matter of what Jehovah wants, it's more a case of what the individual has earned.

There is a difference.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Pole
    Pole

double post

• Pole
    Pole

Nice point, Ozzie.

However the Borg also teaches:

Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

I guess you could rephrase it to say Jehovah wants all people to be saved. So unless you're saying Jehovah doesn't give a... if anyone survives through Armaggedon, you'll agree that in this particular situation the parents believed they just did exactly what Jehovah would like them to do. Jehovah effectively wanted the girl to die if the only way to save her was by giving her blood thus diregarding the hooooooollliness of holy blood. Of course no harm was done, because Jehovah ultimately wants everybody to be saved and live forever in his paradise. This applies to this girl as well.

Please show me further how it's not a matter of doing what Jehovah wants.

Cheers,

Pole

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I guess you could rephrase it to say Jehovah wants all people to be saved.

Yes indeed, but I recall that the dubs believe in a rather detached god, one who has made it possible for humans to earn salvation and He would rather they did but in the end it's up to them. They quote scriptures but inevitably put their own slant on them to support their own theology.

Of course this is quite different to the view of a creator god whom christians worship as their personal savior. I don't see the dubs believing in a personal savior. instead God belongs to "the organisation' and salvation is earned corporately.

Thank God for knowing the truth about "the Troof"!

Cheers, Ozzie

• jgnat
    jgnat

My honey claims a sacrifice - even to death - to preserve the sanctity of blood is pleasing to Jehovah, and that those martyrs are guaranteed a place in paradise.

I ask him how that is any different from the beliefs of muslim terrorists, some of whom flew in to the side of the World Trade Centre, firmly believing they had secured themselves a place in paradise.

Of course, the difference for a Jehovah's Witness, is that they have the "truth". (insert tongue in cheek here)

I am leaning towards Albert Schweitzer's philosophy of "reverence for life". Any doctrine that results in callous loss of human life is not from God.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Any doctrine that results in callous loss of human life is not from God

Look at it this way: we are made in God's image and if we are repelled by a belief that sacrifices human life, then what must God think of it? It seems inconsistent to hold that the God of the NT requires such sacrifices. in fact, there's plenty of evidence in Jesus' teachings that he was to be the final sacrifice viz a vis the sacrifices prescribed under the mosaic Law.

So, Schweitzer is simply re-stating what believing christians have known all along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit