Christopher Reeves Dies...

by Country Girl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

omg....this is very say....I cannot believe that he is gone.....

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Now we are going to hear from Kerry how Bush killed Reeves because he wouldn't fund any *new* strains of Stem Cell Research - even though any private company can research any new or old strain and the gov't is funding the current strains.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Dave brought the newspaper in this morning, and told me this news.

Somewhere in Time is one of my favorite movies ever..............he was so young and handsome.

This is a big shock..................I hoped he would live to see research make it possible for his injury to be reversed.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Weird how I always saw him as "SUPERMAN" (he was not such a good actor - but quit handsome !!! And like didicated to this caractere ...)

It was sad seeing him that diminished after his accident ... didn't know he was still in danger because of it.

Bye, Bye "Superman" !!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It was the first thing I saw on Yahoo headlines.

I was so impressed by him. He worked so hard with his injuries and disability to prove they weren't permanant. He was an awesome person and will be greatly missed, especially by the spinal cord injured and medical people. He gave hope where there was dispare.

Snuffle.

Hugs

Brenda

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

"Superman" was the first movie I ever saw as a child. The character as portrayed by Reeves is one of the few that has ever made an impression on me.

Then in more recent years Reeves himself has amazed me with his determination to continue living, always trying to overcome challenges, for himself and for those that love him.

I wish you really could hear this Chris. You from beginning to end were Superman to me.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Oh no! How very sad ...

• franklin J
    franklin J

he was a brave guy to face his disability with so much courage, perseverance and such a positive outlook; truly an inspiration

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember him from his soap opera days. Tall and thin, he was so handsome. I didn't even recognize him a few years later in Superman.

My favorite scene w/him - when he's kissing Lois Lane in Superman II at the end of the movie to wipe out her memory of him...the close up of him..what a hunk..

We'll miss you Chris, may you rest in peace.

• startingover
    startingover

I have had a lot of respect for the man ever since I saw his name on the list of celebrity athiests.

It seems to me that many people take up faith in god when facing adversity. I admire him for looking for an answer instead of falling back on a fantasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit